Issues with blackberries

I am having trouble getting this product to work.  https://www.daz3d.com/bramble-blackberry-and-briar-plants-for-daz-studio-and-iray ; The icons are blank and I keep getting an error message that there is an error in the file on every prop.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled both manually and via DAZ Central.  Also tried updating the meta data to no avail 

Any ideas?

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

What arer the actual error messages from the log (help -> troubleshooting -> view log file) and scroll down to the bottom. My icons are all visible, the pros load, and they render.

• 2022-02-04 15:33:18.699 C:/Users/Cie Mathis/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_52873/props/plants/brambles blackberrys and briars/bramble complex foliage 1.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

• The files have not correctly decrypted - right-click on the product to uninstall it, then right-click again and delete - refresh metadata (Connect menu) or go offline and back on (also Connect menu) and try installing again. If it still doesn't work please open a Tech Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help

• I actually did all of that before coming here.  So I'll start a ticket.

Thanks.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

Trouble_51769 said:

2022-02-04 15:33:18.699 C:/Users/Cie Mathis/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_52873/props/plants/brambles blackberrys and briars/bramble complex foliage 1.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

OK - that path idicates it has been installed within Studio using DAZ Connect - and it was broken in the download. Nothing you do with Central or Install Manager can change this; you'll need to uninstall from within Studio to delete the bad download - and I'm not sure how to do this, as I gave up on Connect about the second week it was available. Try right-clicking on the product in the smart content tab and see if 'uninstall' or 'delete' are options.

• I am able to uninstall and reinstall by right clicking and using DAZ central.  I even went so far as to delete all the product files after uninstalling and downloading the manual install and reinstalling that way.  No go.  Same issue and error message.  I am puzzled because the product used to work.  ah well.  I've submitted a ticket.

Thanks

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Using Daz Central, Daz Install Manager or manual installation is not going to help you, as you have installed the product with DAZ Connect within DS - You need to uninstall the product there and stop logging in to DS

• I did that too.  I tried every way possible prior to asking here.  I am flumoxed. crying

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you uninstalled the product inside DS, did you leave it uninstalled there?

That is what I'm trying to say, as the installation path tells us, it is that installation that has the problem.

As long as any products are installed in 'Smart' content, those installations will override any and all installations made by the other installation methods, even when those other installations were in perfect working order.
    DAZ Connect installations, done inside DS are known for decryption problems that render them unusable.

Set the Startup options in DS preferences as in the attachment to prevent DAZ Connect from messing up with your content abd never again log in to DS.

StartUp.JPG
    522 x 244 - 21K
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 28
    edited February 2022

@Perttia  Followed your advice above.  Closed DS and installed the product through DAZ Central.  My icons are there and the props load.  Something so very simple caused me a great deal of stress.  Thank you very much.  

Now I'm going to go try it on several other products I have the same issue with.

Post edited by Trouble on