Measurement Metrics wrong

Hello. I am trying to get an accurate measurement of the circumference of a bust model I have So I can build a better-fitted mask. But for some reason, the measurement with Measurement Metrics is way high like double what it should be. and I don't know why. I brought the model over from Zbrush at 100% as an obj. I'm not sure if those settings screwed something up. I am new to Daz but I got it just so I could get accurate measurements for cosplay planning and it's weird that it's doing this. I know for a fact the circumference isn't 5ft. I have 3d printed a very similar model from this before and it should be around 24ish.  I don't know f the problem is with metrics or how I imported etc. Please help!  

yyyyy.PNG
369 x 375 - 14K
ddv.PNG
1289 x 690 - 171K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343
    edited February 2022

OBJ doesn't have a fixed scale, the actual size of your imported mesh will depend on the settings or preset in the import dialogue. 100% treats each OBJ unit as 1cm.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • But why would the tape measure be accurate but the Tailor tape one not be? 

• Sorry, I misunderstood. Tailor tape is measuring the circumference, tape measure the length - they do not look totally incompatible values, assuming the circumference is roughly pi * diameter

• Looking at the measurements again I think they both are inflated compared to the real item. It must have imported larger than intended which is super confusing because opening up the same model in meshmixer and it's super tiny. 

EDIT: I think I got it I needed to export as 1000% at least for meshmixer to be mostly accurate. And import at like 40% for ZBrush and export as daz3d for clo. I really wish sizing in Zbrush was easier. I appreciate your help thanks! 

photo_2022-02-04_17-12-52.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 64K
    ddv.PNG
    994 x 791 - 168K