SIGGRAPH: GoZ Plugin Coming with Poser SR3

KerwinKerwin Posts: 124
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

From the official press release:

SIGGRAPH attendees will also be the first to see Poser SR3 which offers improved stability and feature enhancements for Poser and Poser Pro. SR3 includes rigging updates that improve scaling and bending for better performing figures, as well as expanded support for third party figures. There is also new search support for the popular Poser content provider RuntimeDNA in the Poser Content Library. Expansion of the Morph Brush now includes functionality to edit any morph and save multiple new morphs – users can even edit existing morphs with a pressure sensitive tablet or mouse.

“ZBrush is an incredibly popular tool, well known for its use in the creation of 3D characters and visual effects in many blockbuster films and video games including Avatar and Lord of the Rings,” added Steve Cooper. “With GoZ, we provide a link between the power of ZBrush with the broad appeal of Poser Pro, ultimately providing a fantastic workflow for any 3D character artist.”
“Using the new Poser GoZ functionality saved me tons of time in creating full body and facial morph targets for Miki 4,” said Teyon Alexander, staff artist for Smith Micro Software. “Normally I’d have to do a lot of extra mouse clicks to move back and forth between Poser and ZBrush, but with GoZ, getting morphs out of ZBrush and into Poser was virtually instantaneous. GoZ support in Poser will definitely save me time and streamline the process for content creation.”

Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 customers can download SR3 later this month with a registered application serial number at http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html. The GoZ plug-in is available within SR3 at no cost for Poser Pro 2012 users.

Rest of the press release is available here:
http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/08/07/smith-micro-bolsters-poser-brand-exclusive-reality-3-partnership-goz-plug-and-exciting-ne?page=0,0