What does this mean? (Error log attached).

I have had problems for over a year with multiple crashes every day when running DS.
This is the latest error log (attached). I don't understand what it means. Can any one help?

These are my computer (PC) specs:
- Windows 10 64 bit
- Processor - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz
- RAM - 64,0 GB
- Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

(Tech support have my data since a month, from an erarlier chrash.They haven't replied yet. Richard Haseltine suggested I should ask in the Tech Forums).

txt
txt
DAZ Error log 2022-02-02 CrashStart 124836 - Essentials.txt

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

How do you install your content? (DAZ Install Manager (DIM)/DAZ Central/Manual installation or with DAZ Connect inside DS?)

Just about everything in that log is about DAZ Connect trying to update your assets and failing.

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

I use DIM.

Can that be cause of the crashes?

If you are using DIM, there is no reason for you to log in to DS.
    By logging in, you are opening a window for DAZ Connect to 'update'/install assets, which it installs to a completely different location (double the space) and as often the DAZ Connect installed content is suffering from decryption errors, you will find yourself in a situation that your content does not work as DAZ Connect installed content overrides the versions installed by the other installation methods.

I can't tell more about the problems in your setup, as all that could be found in your log, was about DAZ connect related problems, maybe post a more complete log.

Set your startup options in DS Preferences as in the attachment to disable logging in and the operation of DAZ Connect.

StartUp.JPG
    522 x 244 - 21K
  • I'm no expert ... but that 2nd line looks to me like the program doesn't like the mouse. Maybe try another type?

• PerttiA said:

By logging in, you are opening a window for DAZ Connect to 'update'/install assets, which it installs to a completely different location (double the space) and as often the DAZ Connect installed content is suffering from decryption errors, you will find yourself in a situation that your content does not work as DAZ Connect installed content overrides the versions installed by the other installation methods.

I can't tell more about the problems in your setup, as all that could be found in your log, was about DAZ connect related problems, maybe post a more complete log.

Set your startup options in DS Preferences as in the attachment to disable logging in and the operation of DAZ Connect.

I'm seeing similar errors about duplicate keys and the applicaiton randomly unable to load various plugins as recorded in the OP's attachment, and DAZ often crashes with the same complaint at the end of the period at which it failes:

2022-02-02 10:42:53.770 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:53.958 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.149 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.201 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.220 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.253 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.304 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:54.323 applyDensityMapsToExportHairShape to shave group: 
    2022-02-02 10:42:55.373 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 10:50:07.920 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 10:57:23.809 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 11:04:53.812 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

.   {tons of this error for nearly 12 hours omitted!}

2022-02-02 20:27:01.404 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 20:46:49.443 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 21:07:06.345 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 21:27:43.029 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2022-02-02 21:48:28.525 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

This was the last thing recorded in the Log.txt file after completing a nearly 12hr render that I've had the devil of a time getting it to stay stable enough to even DO a render!

{lost the finished render when it crahsed upon completion, too! angry}

So, like the OP, I also use DIM to do most of my installs, but I've been rather disasstisfied with DIM of late.

On the advice of others here, I had shut down logging onto the site from DAZ STUDIO, but I was getting tons of errors from doing that as well.

At least your explanation about "encryption issues" being a reason why we shouldn't be logging on with both DIM and DAZSTUDIO is better than I've seen from others who simply don't give any reason. Thanks!!

So, a big question is: aside from shutting down autologging to prevent newer issues from popping up, what can we do to recover the corrupted files loaded into the system?? I've got 120+ GIGABYTES of data to reload if I have to uninstall and reinstall all of my stuff through DIM. It took me over a week to reload all that stuff the last time. 

What doesn't make sense is WHY is this happening?? I had to do that last year after the system suddenly started glitching out on me over time.

edited February 2022

The structure of (traditional) DAZ Content Library is actually quite logical, but when trying to find a simple "push button" solutions for new users, DAZ has created a situation where different default functions do not play well together.

-At first the (new) user is offered DAZ Central for downloading and installing DAZ Studio and all the content that comes with it, no other alternatives are offered or even mentioned.
    -When the user has downloaded and installed everything with the default settings/options and starts DS the first time, one is presented with a dialog that asks the user to log in, with the default option to keep logging in automatically in the future, giving the user the impression that logging in is necessary.
    -Once the user is in DS and starts browsing the available content in 'Smart' Content, one is told that the content is not installed (with DAZ Connect), giving the user the impression that the content needs to be installed again, when in fact it is not necessary.
    -If the user does as is suggested, the content gets downloaded and installed the second time to another location, taking twice the storage space. The installation location is non-traditional, which does not work with scripts and older content, and whatever gets installed by DAZ Connect, overrides the installations made by the other installation methods (DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation), even when the DAZ Connect installations fail to work due to for example decryption failures.

The general concensus is that the DIM is the best tool for installing DAZ content.
    DAZ Central is just a simplified version of DIM

DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio was created at a time DAZ experimented with encrypted content, which did require logging in to DS/DAZ servers to verify the users licence for that content. The experimentation with encrypted content was ended some 5-6 years ago, but the user is still asked to log in without being told why or being warned about the possible consequences and side effects - The decryption errors are due to the content still being encrypted at DAZ servers that are used by DAZ connect to download them.

Personally I use manual installation as it gives me total control over the installations without having to track down settings in an installation program to get it to do what I want. The only thing the installation programs have is the ability to uninstall content with a push of a button, otherwise everything works just as if the content was installed by any other method.

Post edited by PerttiA on

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

So, a big question is: aside from shutting down autologging to prevent newer issues from popping up, what can we do to recover the corrupted files loaded into the system?? I've got 120+ GIGABYTES of data to reload if I have to uninstall and reinstall all of my stuff through DIM. It took me over a week to reload all that stuff the last time. 

There is no way around it, one must first uninstall the DAZ Connect installed content inside DS, and if the content was not installed also by DIM or DAZ Central, the content must be reinstalled by DIM or DAZ Central.

If one did use manual installation, it would be enough to copy the DAZ Connect installed content into the traditional locations before uninstalling it within DS, but there would be no automatic uninstaller for that content afterwards.

• PerttiA said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

There is no way around it, one must first uninstall the DAZ Connect installed content inside DS, and if the content was not installed also by DIM or DAZ Central, the content must be reinstalled by DIM or DAZ Central.

If one did use manual installation, it would be enough to copy the DAZ Connect installed content into the traditional locations before uninstalling it within DS, but there would be no automatic uninstaller for that content afterwards.

Thanks for the info, but I just want to make sure I understand what you explained. "DAZ Connect" is the built-in logging link in the D|S application to our accounts, and the encryption issue stems from this, while DIM is the preferred method of installation? I do recall seeing "DAZ Central" as something like a webpage-based installation that ran for a short time, but I didn't much bother with it as I was using DIM and the application log-on at the time, so I didn't want to deal with a 3rd method--besides, what I saw it was even buggier.

One of the things I did like about DIM was the multi-applicaiton installation for Bryce, DAZ Studio, Carrara, etc. And it does help keep things relateable and organized, although there's a shitton of stuff that ends up in the Lost&Found Folder--but I still had additional issues with it as I saw there were many products that were simply not DIM-loadable.

So, you're saying my best bet is to slick out all the DAZ stuff in my system out again and start from scratch once more, but just ensure that there is NEVER a log-on through the applicaiton & keep ALL downloads through DIM and the not-so-occasional manual for the non-DIM compliant items? If so, that is sooo much fun and my hard drives are going to hate you.

What's worse is I think there's at least one additional issue going on with my machine that might STILL not get fixed by doing that--I've been encountering numerous crashing glitches involving IRAY rendering, LAMH, and saving projects that I'm sometimes able to work around and sometimes I'm not able to resolve ATT.

2022-02-03 10:32:42.429 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : CUDA module initialization failed with error 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version' (0x23); iray photoreal can only run in CPU mode. Please update your NVIDIA driver (www.nvidia.com).
    2022-02-03 10:32:42.429 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend info : Using iray plugin version 5.1, build 334300.9558 n, 27 Mar 2021, nt-x86-64-vc14.
    2022-02-03 10:32:42.430 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : There is no CUDA-capable GPU available to the iray photoreal renderer.

I'm finding these warnings about my CUDA module popping up everywhere in my log file, in addition to all the other stuff that's been crapping out. It's still showing up even after I turned off logging through the application last night. I'm worried that my NVIDIA card needs to be replaced because it's no longer supported. It's a GeForce GTX 460 & I've been unable to get any updates for it from NVIDIA.

edited February 2022

What you need to do and how much trouble it is, depends on how much you have updated/installed with DAZ Connect within DS, without knowing where DAZ Connect installs the content, I can't give you directions on where to look.
    Attached a path to Content Directory Manager and the view that gives the necessary info (the Content Library paths)

I don't think your GPU is supported any longer for Iray rendering, and even if it were, there would not be enough VRAM on it.

PathToContDirMan.JPG
    564 x 532 - 60K
    ContentDirMan.JPG
    384 x 240 - 19K
  • PerttiA said:

What you need to do and how much trouble it is, depends on how much you have updated/installed with DAZ Connect within DS, without knowing where DAZ Connect installs the content, I can't give you directions on where to look.
    Attached a path to Content Directory Manager and the view that gives the necessary info (the Content Library paths)

I don't think your GPU is supported any longer for Iray rendering, and even if it were, there would not be enough VRAM on it.

Thanks PerttiA!

These are the directories currently in use & how big each of them currently are--(sorry about the text format, trying to attach a screenshot of the directory list from the Preferences screen isn't working for me):

CMS Cluster Directory

E:/Users/******/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms                                           5.95 GB

Daz Connect Data

E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library          876 GB

DAZ Studio Formats

E:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4                                                       1.07 GB

E:/Users/******/Documents/Reality                                                              192 MB

E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library         876 GB

E:/Users/Public/Documents/My Daz 3D Library                                          1.79 TB

Poser Formats

E:/Program Files/Smith Micro/Poser Pro 2012                                             1.27 GB

E:/Users/Public/Documents/My Daz 3D Library                                           1.79 TB

E:/Users/Public/Documents/Poser Pro 2012 Content                                  6.24 GB

In DIM:

Manifest Archive:            E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/ManifestFiles       355 MB

64/32 bit softwar:            E:/Program Files   &   E:/Program Files (x86)

Content Updates:           Selected to                  Install to each package's respective "installed" path

Content Database:         E:/Users/******/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms                                     5.95 GB

Content Path Shortcut:   E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library                                    1.79 TB

Based on what I am seeing DIM is set for, I am assuming that some of the material in the [E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library] folder would need to be removed or adjusted, but when I looked at this folder, it's got the major Data/cloud/1_***allDAZproductnumbers*** folder. I'm not sure what I can safely move or consolidate to the [E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library] path.

Can you advise? Or is there simply too much stuff already hopelessly mixed about where the only option is to slick it all out and rebuild from scratch? blush

Thanks,

Ryuu

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

These are the directories currently in use & how big each of them currently are--(sorry about the text format, trying to attach a screenshot of the directory list from the Preferences screen isn't working for me):

Based on what I am seeing DIM is set for, I am assuming that some of the material in the [E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library] folder would need to be removed or adjusted, but when I looked at this folder, it's got the major Data/cloud/1_***allDAZproductnumbers*** folder. I'm not sure what I can safely move or consolidate to the [E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library] path.

Can you advise? Or is there simply too much stuff already hopelessly mixed about where the only option is to slick it all out and rebuild from scratch? blush

You cannot manually remove the folders that are in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/Data/Cloud/", or you 'can' but that fixes nothing as the database is still obsessed by those having been installed with DAZ Connect, simply the files vanishing isn't going to change that.
    You need to do the uninstallation inside DS (in 'Smart' Content) by right clicking at the product thumbnails and choosing Uninstall, you can select multiple or even all - That will only remove the DAZ Connect installed content (located in the Cloud folder)

You can test first with one product, choose one in the cloud folder. The subfolders are named "1_XXXXX" where the XXXXX is the SKU of the product, or you can check the files inside the folder to see which product it is. Check also in DIM that you have installed the same product with DIM to another location.
    The SKU number can be used in DAZ shop to search for the product.

You also need to remove "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/" from under "DAZ Studio Formats" as the location is already specified under "Daz Connect Data" and having it in "DAZ Studio Formats" creates nesting directories which DS doesn't like.

If you have other subfolders in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/" than "Data", those would need to be moved. Moving manually is one option, but if the stuff is installed there with DIM, DIM keeps a record of where it has installed everything that allows uninstallation of that stuff with DIM. Someone using DIM could advice if DIM has an option to move stuff to another location, or if uninstallation and reinstalling of those products is necessary.

I have never understood the 'need' to wipe everything and start from scratch, that's a panic reaction, these things just need logical thinking.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 655
    edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

You cannot manually remove the folders that are in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/Data/Cloud/", or you 'can' but that fixes nothing as the database is still obsessed by those having been installed with DAZ Connect, simply the files vanishing isn't going to change that.
    You need to do the uninstallation inside DS (in 'Smart' Content) by right clicking at the product thumbnails and choosing Uninstall, you can select multiple or even all - That will only remove the DAZ Connect installed content (located in the Cloud folder)

You can test first with one product, choose one in the cloud folder. The subfolders are named "1_XXXXX" where the XXXXX is the SKU of the product, or you can check the files inside the folder to see which product it is. Check also in DIM that you have installed the same product with DIM to another location.
    The SKU number can be used in DAZ shop to search for the product.

You also need to remove "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/" from under "DAZ Studio Formats" as the location is already specified under "Daz Connect Data" and having it in "DAZ Studio Formats" creates nesting directories which DS doesn't like.

If you have other subfolders in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/" than "Data", those would need to be moved. Moving manually is one option, but if the stuff is installed there with DIM, DIM keeps a record of where it has installed everything that allows uninstallation of that stuff with DIM. Someone using DIM could advice if DIM has an option to move stuff to another location, or if uninstallation and reinstalling of those products is necessary.

Intensely time consuming, but doable. At least this time, I can make sure to get the load done properly and hope to keep from logging in with the applicaiton so I don't have to go through this mess again. Very helpful info. Thank you very much!

I have never understood the 'need' to wipe everything and start from scratch, that's a panic reaction, these things just need logical thinking.

That's actually an "Industry Standard" practice--or at least it was when I first got into computer work. Slicking out your old application and data and doing a fresh install was the best way to removed duplicated or dangling files that would never be used again, and especially any corrupted files--like those DAZ items messed up through that encryption issue and the wasted duplication of data that you mentioned way up the thread--plus they're a nightmare to troubleshoot if left to interact with the reinstalled application and database.

Of course, one always should have a good backup of that old data, incase there are problems with the reinstall, but the backup should be kept offline and not touched again by the system unless there's no other option for it. Afterwards, the old data can be disposed when the new install is confirmed to be good--which can sometimes be quite a ways down the road, but that's a different beast.

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

That's actually an "Industry Standard" practice

Yeah, I try to fix things without the sledgehammer and collateral damage wink

• PerttiA said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

That's actually an "Industry Standard" practice

Yeah, I try to fix things without the sledgehammer and collateral damage wink

I can appreciate that. There really ARE valid points in favor of both schools of thought--surgical vs nuking. The trick is knowing which is the best action to take, tends to be more of a case-by-case basis. laugh

Speaking of which, what's been sledgehammering the forums lately?? frown

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Speaking of which, what's been sledgehammering the forums lately?? frown

The Hamster has taken weekend vacations for three weekends in a row, in my time zone that means no forums during the weekend (Daz time +9h)

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

PerttiA said:

I have uninstalled DAZ Connect (since I don't use it) and I have stopped the automatic log-in at DAZ. DS still crashes (several times a day) but I dont't get the same WARNINGS. In fact I don't get warnings at all. Or anything else signalling something is wrong. So the crash mystery is still there.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,196

When it crashes, what are you doing?

And if you look in the log, what are the last number of entries before the crash?

reserv888 said:

I have uninstalled DAZ Connect (since I don't use it) and I have stopped the automatic log-in at DAZ. DS still crashes (several times a day) but I dont't get the same WARNINGS. In fact I don't get warnings at all. Or anything else signalling something is wrong. So the crash mystery is still there.

You cannot uninstall DAZ Connect as it is built in to DAZ Studio, you can just prevent it from contacting DAZ servers by not logging in.

The log you posted was not much help, as it was just a part of the log and all about DAZ Connect having problems, would you post something that includes DS starting up.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

You have a line pointing to '.../documents/Reality'. Is that anything to do with the Reality plugin for Luxrender?

• Okay, so I've completely loaded DAZ as a fresh install, loaded everything up using DIM (nearly 16000 products bought over the years), When it finished, I saw I only had about 9000 or so items loaded, but since I had dealt with this kind of reinstall before, I went ahead and forced DAZ Studio to update all the metadata. When that was done, the "Installed" collection now shows I've got 13811 products in the Smart Dontent, with 2508 still waiting in the "Available" collection.

Even so, DAZ fails to load all too many of the products or pictures of the products fail to load after going through the Updating Metadata process to its database

And so, here's where my problem with DIM lies:

For example, this Second picture shows that, according to DIM, one of those products (The Road to Madirac) is supposed to be installed.

But, as this final picture shows, according to DAZ Studio, it is NOT "Installed", but rather is "Available". Any attempt to run it in DAZ, it wants me to log-in to my account and download it via the DAZ Connect--which is what we're trying to avoid!

Back to the First picture, I'm trying to trace down where the product is supposed to be.

I go to the product's Manifest file (it's Product ID # is 28004). In the Manifest file, I should be seeing files loaded into the "E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Content/runtime/" location with subsequent product-related subfolders, but none of those subfolders or files of this product, or anything of the 2508 products DAZ see's as "Available" are present.

So what can we do to recover those products if DIM won't work and yet we still avoid ever allowing DAZ to log directly into our accounts to avoid that encryption problem?? frown

Oh, and in case you may have noticed and were about to point it out, yes--I did intentionally load up DAZ Studio 4.10 rather than 4.16--I'm concurrently T/S a problem with LAMH, too. Through conversations with AlessandroAM, I learned that LAMH won't work at all with versions after 4.13, even with his Catalyzer product. In fact, it was that issue which led me to this problem!

In addition, I'm unable to use dForce Hair either because a recent "upgrade" from Windows made my graphics card obsolete. Go figure. angry

edited February 2022

I should be seeing files loaded into the "E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Content/runtime/"

No, the files should be in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/runtime/"

That product is an old Poser product, meant to be used with Terradome2 (which doesn't work in DS)

If you download the installation zip manually and look at the file locations, is there anything in ...\Runtime\Support\? That is the place where the metadata is saved.

• PerttiA said:

I should be seeing files loaded into the "E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Content/runtime/"

No, the files should be in "E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/runtime/"

That product is an old Poser product, meant to be used with Terradome2 (which doesn't work in DS)

If you download the installation zip manually and look at the file locations, is there anything in ...\Runtime\Support\? That is the place where the metadata is saved.

Well, in the WinZip file (IM00028004-01_TheRoadtoMadirac.zip), it has "Content" as the top level folder, alongside a copy of the Manifest.dsx & Supplement.dsx; in Content, there is "runtime", then drilling down further are folders for "animageminreadme's", "geometries", "libraries", "textures"; etc... which matches up with the text from the "IM00028004-01_TheRoadtoMadirac.dsx" file I had posted earlier.

But I AM seeing the folders and files in the "/My DAZ 3D Library/runtime/" path you're saying they should be in.

And in the "/runtime/support/", I have the DAZ_3D_28004_The_Road_to_Madirac.dsx" file. The text in this file seems to jive with what you said.

So, it would seem that DIM did the install after all--but why isn't it showing up as installed in DAZ?

And.... our comms might be about to die again--I'm seeing those 505 crashes starting up once more. angry

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

PerttiA said:

Well, in the WinZip file (IM00028004-01_TheRoadtoMadirac.zip), it has "Content" as the top level folder, alongside a copy of the Manifest.dsx & Supplement.dsx; in Content, there is "runtime", then drilling down further are folders for "animageminreadme's", "geometries", "libraries", "textures"; etc... which matches up with the text from the "IM00028004-01_TheRoadtoMadirac.dsx" file I had posted earlier.

But I AM seeing the folders and files in the "/My DAZ 3D Library/runtime/" path you're saying they should be in.

And in the "/runtime/support/", I have the DAZ_3D_28004_The_Road_to_Madirac.dsx" file. The text in this file seems to jive with what you said.

So, it would seem that DIM did the install after all--but why isn't it showing up as installed in DAZ?

And.... our comms might be about to die again--I'm seeing those 505 crashes starting up once more. angry

If you make a "DAZ_3D_28004_The_Road_to_Madirac.jpg" and put it to ...\Runtime\Support\, you shoud get the thumbnail in DS

The best place to look and use these old Poser products is in Content Library->Poser Formats

The "Content" folder in the installation file is an alias for whatever folder is defined in Content Directory Manager as the base directory for your content 

edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

If you make a "DAZ_3D_28004_The_Road_to_Madirac.jpg" and put it to ...\Runtime\Support\, you shoud get the thumbnail in DS

The best place to look and use these old Poser products is in Content Library->Poser Formats

The "Content" folder in the installation file is an alias for whatever folder is defined in Content Directory Manager as the base directory for your content 

Cool! I couldn't find anything from the backups I made before wiping the databases. It USED to exist, but I probably missed those particular folder branches during the backup. But I made a picture from the store's webpage & I was able to get the picture to show up now.

However, it's still stuck in "Available" and DAZ Studio wants me to log on in order to install it. None of the scene, props, or texture files are accessable and the program doesn't consider the product as "Installed".

edited February 2022

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

PerttiA said:

Cool! I couldn't find anything from the backups I made before wiping the databases. It USED to exist, but I probably missed those particular folder branches during the backup. But I made a picture from the store's webpage & I was able to get the picture to show up now.

However, it's still stuck in "Available" and DAZ Studio wants me to log on in order to install it. None of the scene, props, or texture files are accessable and the program doesn't consider the product as "Installed".

Have you looked at the product in Poser Formats?

"Smart" Content "Products" and "Categories" are not real locations, they are just database driven views.

Edit: Have you set the Poser Formats Content Library in Content Library Manager?

ContentLib.JPG
    236 x 1030 - 42K
    edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

Have you looked at the product in Poser Formats?

"Smart" Content "Products" and "Categories" are not real locations, they are just database driven views.

Edit: Have you set the Poser Formats Content Library in Content Library Manager?

Ah! Thanks! Search function on the Poser Formats DB couldn't locate it anywhere, but a manual search was what was needed. Okay, I finally found it in the Poser Pro 2012/My DAZ 3D Library/Props/animagemini/ folder. It's going to be so much fun trying to remember all that just for this one product--at least this takes care of the immediate issue so I can get back to T/S the LAMH problem. laugh

But t's going to be a serious nightmare chasing down all the other 2500+ items waiting to be located and sorted so that I can use them.indecision

Cheers!