Dazcentral crashes - can't install anything

lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

Recentely I lost my disk with all my daz library content. Today I was going to do a clean install of daz on my new computer and get all my stuff back.
But the universe hates me...

I'll go by steps:
1 - installed dazcentral
2 - when trying to install daz received this error message "The path specified in the "Package Archive" field , on the "Downloads" page of the "Settings", is not currently available."
3 - I googled for a solution and saw that, for some reason, it needed the same path as DIM (I haven't used DIM since DC came out and I have no idea why I should have 2 programs that do the same thing but sure).
4 - installed DIM and made sure the paths were the same.
5 - now everytime I try to install ANYTHING on either DIM or DC it crashes and I get this error message "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000000D6740" (log attached)
- it's not windows defender, I've already checked...

I don't know what else to do about this!

thank you in advance! :)

zip
zip
DazCentral_error_report_220201-155340.zip
Post edited by lumiasart on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

No idea about the crashes, sorry. Maybe check that you have the latest version of both DIM and DazCentral?

DIM has more options than DAZCentral as it is aimed as more advanced users, so it can be useful to have even if you use DazCentral most of the time. For example if you want to install to multiple directories or to install beta versions of DS you would need DIM.

The error message you got about the package archive meant that the current settings used a folder where DazCentral can't write (might be because it doesn't exist). Even if you didn't have DIM installed you would have had to change it. And yes, if you have both installed it's betterr to have the same settings for "package archive" and "manifest archive" in both:

• "manifest archive" is where you have the files which tell DIM and DazCentral what was installed and where. You definitely want both to know what is installed.
    • "package archive" is where downloaded files are stored. It's easier to have them all in the same place
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Lack of folder permissions come to mind (has nothing to do with windows defender)

One of the reasons I don't like to use any MS default paths for anything

• Thank you, I figured out the problem... all I had to do was change the paths form "current" to "default" and it began installing. I'm doing this in DIM btw... gave up on DC, even tho I liked the design of it better. Also updated my graphics card that decided it needed an update just now -.-