Adjust Rigging to Shape challenge

Hi. So, I have a problem with the rig being misaligned when characters are dialed in or full body morphs are used.

Using adjust rigging to shape deforms the model's joints (and changes it's shape). (Illustration of this is attached.) This happens with all characters.

I've zeroed base G8F and G8.1F, memorizing both. I've checked .dsf file values. It's likely I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Rigging Isssue.png
2100 x 1728 - 1M

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248
    edited February 2022

conscience73 said:

Hi. So, I have a problem with the rig being misaligned when characters are dialed in or full body morphs are used.

Using adjust rigging to shape deforms the model's joints (and changes it's shape). (Illustration of this is attached.) This happens with all characters.

I've zeroed base G8F and G8.1F, memorizing both. I've checked .dsf file values. It's likely I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Reinstall the figures to get the original rigging back. It is not recommended to ever mess with the bones, 'k.

Professionals have spent a long time making characters, which includes making joint correction morphs and things like that. When you mess with the rigging, everything is thrown off kilter. [won't work correctly].

When you make your own morphs, dial one in at a time 100%, then "adjust rigging to mesh" - then go over to the Parameter Tab, find your morph and use ERC Freeze, I have a check mark in the 3 bottom boxes, some check only the top 2 of those 3 bottom boxes, then zero the morph. Go to File > ... save the morph [ONLY the one(s) you have made.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • So the steps are:

Reinstall G8F or all figures in the library?

and

Dial to 100%, "adjust rigging to mesh" (shape?), ERC freeze all the morphs I've created one at a time, saving each individually.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Each bone in a figure has a set orientation, changing that orientation really screws up the figures bending, so with "adjust rigging to shape" you really DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT want "adjust orientation" selected.

• Oh, ok...

• Bejaymac said:

Each bone in a figure has a set orientation, changing that orientation really screws up the figures bending, so with "adjust rigging to shape" you really DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT want "adjust orientation" selected.

Okay! Noted thank you.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248
    edited February 2022

conscience73 said:

So the steps are:

Reinstall G8F or all figures in the library?

and

Dial to 100%, "adjust rigging to mesh" (shape?), ERC freeze all the morphs I've created one at a time, saving each individually.

If G8F is the only figure with the messed up rigging, then yes just G8F. The characters are just morphs of G8F. If they are working correctly then they do not need to be reinstalled. 

eta: Yes the morph needs to be dialed in 100%, adjust rigging to mesh shape - if the morph only involves the head [for eg.], select only the appropriate bones and one neighbour, and I have read somewhere that it works best to do the head without the eyes, then repeat for the eyes. Then use the ERC Freeze [again, can be selective about which bones if need be] to enable the rigging to move as the shape is dialed in/out. Then save ONLY your own morph.
    If you check in the data folder [with D/S closed], under the figure's main folder there would be a folder with your handle/name on it. If any of the morphs you made need to be removed, just delete them from that folder.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Bejaymac said:

Bejaymac? This seems to be where the problem lay. Pretty simple, it turns out just...there's no documentation.

Thanks much.

Thanks too Catherine for your suggestions. :)

• plmadplmad Posts: 15

Bejaymac said:

Hi there, just to say I was having problems exporting some G3 female morphs to a G8 female character and "adjust orientation" has solved all my problems. Thanks jejejeje.