Where Oh Where Have My Files Gone?

Sooo... last week my external drive that housed ALL my Daz content died. I'm crying cause like a dummy I had also put all my renders there too. I am in the process of re-downloading everything I've ever purchased... but I'm having trouble - for example:

I re-download Daz Big Cat 2 - the -01 file (DS) and the template. Then I cut/paste that into F:\Daz Storage and Library\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

Then I run DIM in offline mode and 'install'. Zip zap, a dsz is generated all is good... but it is not. DIM says:

Content :

( F:/Daz Storage and Library/My DAZ 3D Library )

• /Animals/DAZ Big Cat 2/Breeds/Cheetah.duf
  • /Animals/DAZ Big Cat 2/Breeds/Cheetah.png
  • /Animals/DAZ Big Cat 2/Breeds/Jaguar.duf

Plus many many other files... but when I Explore to F:\Daz Storage and Library\My DAZ 3D Library\Animals

There is nothing there - no folders (and none 'hidden' either)

When I open Daz and go to smart content below is what I see.

How do I fix this? DIM thinks it has installed the content? Michael 7 is there, so I know I have the right path defined, but Victoria 7 is not, and I have re-downloaded both?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited January 2022

Maybe check that your install directory has not been set as "read only" for some reason?

Another idea: is there a folder called "content" inside F:\Daz Storage and Library\My DAZ 3D Library? If so, check if your files are there.

Post edited by Leana on
  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

Leana said:

Maybe check that your install directory has not been set as "read only" for some reason?

Another idea: is there a folder called "content" inside F:\Daz Storage and Library\My DAZ 3D Library? If so, check if your files are there.

GIVES A HUGE HUG!!!!!

Thank you @Leana ! That was it!  I deleted/reinstalled and it showed up!