Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting?

So I'm lookng to get back into Daz 3D and I go to install the program and I get...

"Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."

I've never had windows ping Daz and suspicius and untrustworthy. 

Is this somethign that needs investgation? 

indecision

Comments

• It might be a setting somewhere, but what & where I have no clue. I'm using Windows 10 Pro with Windows Defender and I had no issues like that when installing Daz 4.16. I also keep Windows 10 updates disabled so its not trying to update drivers for my graphics cards or breaking other stuff.

Anyway, I use mods for one of the games I play and it requires downloading & using an executable file to install it, which gets flagged by windows defender every time. I just run it anyway since I know where the installer is coming from. Just make sure that whatever is being flagged is indeed Daz and not something else. If you're downloading the file(s) from the Daz website( which you should be), I wouldn't worry about it and just have it go through the installation anyway.

• Currently the installers are not signed, that is probably what is triggering the warning.

• Thank you both! 

I i shall install the mightly Daz with no hesitation now!

smileyheart