DAZ 4.16 and other Items Failing to Install

For some reason DAZ 4.16 (64-Bit) and some items are failing to install. I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. I have tried restarting my computer to no avail. Would anybody happen to know what may be causing this issue, and how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.28.21 PM.png
630 x 346 - 51K

Comments

• Check the log file, which you can access through the gear icon at top-right (in Advanced Settings as I recall - DIM takes a long time to open for me so I can't check).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Check the log file, which you can access through the gear icon at top-right (in Advanced Settings as I recall - DIM takes a long time to open for me so I can't check).

Is it possibly due to how DIM handles installation of multiple products where one product is dependent on components in another? I know I had a similar issue not so long ago where some "core products" failed to install the first & seccond time when doing a completely new install. What I did was just left DIM running after the second failed attempt and left it alone for about an hour and when I tried again, everything that failed to install before ended up installing without any further issues.

Thread reference: Daz Studio components Download/Install Failed

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I had the same issue with DAZ Studio failing to install using DAZ Install Manager on OS X Monterey. The helper log said:

Open Archive Failed: /Volumes/HDM02-8TB/Daz3D/Zips/IM00013176-04_DAZStudio416Mac64bit.zip

My first thought was that the archive was corrupt, but validating it using BetterZip confirmed that it was valid and complete. My second thought was that DAZ Install Manager didn't have permission to access files on a removable volume, but I was able to install other content successfully: it was only Studio that seemed to be problematic.

At this point, it occurred to me that DIM might hand off application installs to a helper app. And that maybe it was the helper app that didn't have the necessary permissions.

Long story short, DIM had permission to access files on a removable volume, but the DAZ3DIMHelper application -- which is contained within the DIM application package -- did not. I went to the Security & Privacy control panel, clicked Privacy and then Full Disk Access, and found that while com.DAZ.DAZ...DAZ3DDIMHelper was present in the list of apps that had been granted full disk access, the checkbox next to it was unchecked.

Checking the box to grant access to the helper app solved the problem, and DAZ Studio installed successfully.

(If you run into a similar problem and DAZ3DDIMHelper isn't listed under Full Disk Access, you're going to need to find the DAZ3DIM application, ctrl-click on it and choose Show Package Contents, then open up Contents/MacOS to reveal the DAZ3DIMHelper executable. Open Security & Privacy and find the Full Disk Access list, click the padlock at bottom left to allow you to make changes, then drag the DAZ3DDIMHelper icon over to the Full Disk Access list and check any required checkboxes, and you should be good).

• TreeDeeTreeDee Posts: 69

bytescapes said:

Long story short, DIM had permission to access files on a removable volume, but the DAZ3DIMHelper application -- which is contained within the DIM application package -- did not. I went to the Security & Privacy control panel, clicked Privacy and then Full Disk Access, and found that while com.DAZ.DAZ...DAZ3DDIMHelper was present in the list of apps that had been granted full disk access, the checkbox next to it was unchecked.

Bytescapes... you little legend!! I knew it had to be a permissions problem. Worked a dream :D