How to export bone skinning weight maps in daz

Can daz export Skin Weights alpha or grayscale maps? And can control the size of the size weight map. Like 4k or 2k size

shan02.png
417 x 512 - 170K

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

I don't think Daz Studio does that, but it's entirely possible you could write it yourself using scripting or code.

• Weightmaps are not images. Weights and morphs and UVs are examples of vertex maps - a list of values mapped to a list of vertices on the model.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Weightmaps are not images. Weights and morphs and UVs are examples of vertex maps - a list of values mapped to a list of vertices on the model.

Thanks for your explanation, I saw that a similar alpha or grayscale map can be exported in maya, so I thought that daz can also, but I can export the alpha or grayscale map through daz to maya.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Weightmaps are not images. Weights and morphs and UVs are examples of vertex maps - a list of values mapped to a list of vertices on the model.

Maya and Modo can do it. They can export weight map data via texture coordinates onto a bitmap. One bitmap encodes the intensities of all vertices around a single joint.  So, if you want to export weight maps for 50 joints, it will take 50 bitmaps.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343
    edited January 2022

Hmm, I thought I had written something about in principle being able to produce a map on the UVs of the model using shades of grey for the weights - sorry. It isn't, however, something that DS currently has a tool to do.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on