Animation ankles/feet

Greetings! First thread, hopefully I don't do this poorly.

I am creating an animation for Genises8 Female and I notice that, even before I make any adjustment (so there should be no keyframes except zero) if I play through the animation, the base body's feet bend. 

As I go through and add a few keyframes, the "bend" that I did not put in there still affects the animation. Loose example:

40 frames, frames 0 and 39 are the same and set to keyframe to make a seamless loop. Even though I do not add any other keys, nor do I see any at all on the timeline graph, her feet will move. There's no way to actually remove a key in the middle because it does not seem to exist on the graph.

Then I add a change in frame 19 to make a simple animation. Frames 0-19 animate exactly as expected, but 20-39 do not. They "end" properly and do make a seamless loop, but somewhere in frames 20-24 there seems to be an invisible, inaccessible frame node that is affecting the swing of the feet.

Has anyone else had this happen? Am I doing something wrong? Would love to hear if people have a workaround or solution. 

Thank you so much!

Comments

• It's not quite clear what is going on - a saved pose preset might help to understand it - but don't forget that, by default, DS interpolates aniamtion - the curve in the graph editor will be smoth. That means that if there are a couple of different values keyed, any frames after the second key will see the curve continue up (or down) from its trajectory between the two keys.

• zwalravenzwalraven Posts: 10

Same thing is happening to me right now, I only have frame zero and nothing animated. All keyframes are deleted and I'm still getting feet bending animation that goes from frame zero to 40. It's really annoying as I never animated the feet on this model.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 158

You may need to switch to the advanced timeline view and see how the graph looks with the foot selected. The Bezier interpolation curves may have a "rebound" effect that you may not have accounted for,