Blood Textures from Substance Painter look low quality in Daz Studio

I just started using Substance Painter a few days ago and the struggle is real. I imported a figure and managed to create a wound and apply blood to it using https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/y1j3w/10-blood-smart-materials and everything looks fine in substance painter. Ive managed to export and import into Daz studio and apply the texturesto a figure but the blood textures inside of Daz Studio look very flat with no gloss. Ive been trying for hours to figure this out because I generally loath going into forums because people are generally pretty rude but here I am. I have Iray Uber Shader applied inside Daz Studio. I applied the Base Color map to the Base Map and Translucency Map, Height Map to Bump Map, Metallic Map to Metallicity, Normal to Normal, and Roughness to Glossy Roughness inside of Daz Studio and also just tried all different combinations and sliders but no matter what I still have a flat blood texture. I exported using the PBR Metallic Roughness preset and Document channels + AO (With Alpha) and Dialation Infinite padding(not that i know what that means). What, if anything, do i need to do to get the textures looking as good as they do inside Substance Painter? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm fairly versed in Daz Studio but a complete noob in substance painter.

Screenshot (5).png
1446 x 1080 - 1M
Screenshot (4).png
965 x 1047 - 816K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343
    edited January 2022

What values are you applying? have you tried exporting just the blood, not the base skin layer, with opacity and then aplying it to a Geometry Shell - that would give you more leeway to adjust settings without breaking the skin.

Note that displacement, at least, will not show in the Iray Drawstyle - only in a full render.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • reubendgonzales81reubendgonzales81 Posts: 28
    edited January 2022
    I tried for hours to just export the blood and couldnt figure that out either. I don't know how to hide the skin without it taking away the blood smart texture. As far as values, I don't know what values you are referring to. Ive been doing substance Painter for about three days so it's been a process.
    Post edited by reubendgonzales81 on
  • I meant in the Surfaces pane in Daz Studio.

• No longer have the project but best i can tell you is i tried playing with glossy settings and metalic flakes and it made it a tiny bit better but only because the entire surface became glossy which is not really what i was going for. That's a lot of settings for me to tell you what is what there.

• reubendgonzales81 said:

No longer have the project but best i can tell you is i tried playing with glossy settings and metalic flakes and it made it a tiny bit better but only because the entire surface became glossy which is not really what i was going for. That's a lot of settings for me to tell you what is what there.

I don't know if this was covered on your end, but one thing you have to be mindful of in Daz is the Gamma settings for images where, for example,  when you have an image loaded in Base Color, left click on it, select "edit" iirc, and at the top of the dialogue box, check the Gamma settings. If textures appear way darker than they should and Gamma is set to 0.0, try changing this value to 1.0 . I don't know how the gamma scale works since using values under 1.0 and greater than 0 seem to make textures really light. I just know that when I have a problem with specular maps not matching between surfaces, sometimes its due to some of them having the gamma set to 0.0 while others have it set at 1.0(which is usually the proper setting for black & white or alpha maps).