April 2015 New User Contest - Free Render Month (Entries Thread)

2»

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    1st - A Siren's Lament by fionathegood

2nd - Miss Army Air Corp by zeuxidamus1

HM1 - The Tomb by The Blurst Of Times

HM2 - Be my guest by Linwelly

Being since we had such a good turnout we've decided to give an extra HM

Congratulations to the winners and a great job to everyone else. This was a very hard month to judge.

The winners will need to contact me by PM and give me you email address associated with your DAZ account and a link to 2 products from Zev0[/url store.

Congrats to Fiona! for a very well deserved first place, and congrats to Zeuxidamus1 and Blurst of times as well
    Good work erveryone!
    And thanks to the judges for an extra HM.
    Now everyone on towards the May challenge, lets see what theme comes up for that :-)

• h_habashh_habash Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all winners, I've enjoyed and learned a lot of things during my participation in this contest, waiting for the next contest to start :-)

Best wishes to the rest in the next contest...... :)

• GallowsGallows Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Congrats guys! All of the art work was so well done and I learned so much. Many thanks for all the help.
    (This puzzle of a program is sure a lot of fun.)

• ewcarmanewcarman Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners! (Admittedly, I was pulling for myself... :-) ) There was some really amazing work.

I also want to thank those folks that helped me with my entry. I learned a lot and my render was certainly the better for it.

Best Regards,
    Eric

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the Winners. (Is there an echo in here?) Well done, everyone.

• yhzmurphyyhzmurphy Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

Very good conclusion to a great contest month. Well done to all the winners!

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

Definitely some good work! Like the previous month, I learned a lot over the month, and I valued all the comments I received.

I wish I could have contributed more commentary during the month, but I bit off a bit more than I could chew in April...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Nice work, everyone! Many great renders this month. Congratulations to the winners!

• XangthXangth Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners 1st - A Siren's Lament by fionathegood

2nd - Miss Army Air Corp by zeuxidamus1

HM1 - The Tomb by The Blurst Of Times

HM2 - Be my guest by Linwelly

• Babalar1Babalar1 Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to Fionathegood for the well deserved first place recognition. And to zeuxidamus1 for an excellent 2nd place render. The HM 1 and 2 from The burst of time and Linwelly were both amazing as well. Great job all!

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited December 1969

Congratulations for the winners (and, by the way, my favorite was "The Tomb", because to me it told the best story, and I'm a story addict).

• edited December 1969

Oh wow, what a nice surprise. (In point of fact, ewcarman, I am usually pulling for myself as well, meaning that I am at least satisfied that I did my best, and this month I wasn't... so maybe that says something about my ability to judge!) Congrats to the other winners and to everyone who participated. (Participating in the WIP thread is always the best reward, and I regret that I wasn't able to do so as much as in other months)

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

Congratulations for the winners (and, by the way, my favorite was "The Tomb", because to me it told the best story, and I'm a story addict).

Thanks!

I think my goal is to get the expressions "right". It's the face and the eyes. I like posing my figures, but the thing i care about the most is in the face and the eyes.

I think about stage acting, acting for the back row of the audience. (listening to Lady Gaga at the moment seems appropriate) I guess you risk overacting in your figures, but even with writing a story,a bit more explicit is usually better since your audience aren't mind readers.

Maybe as I get better with the tools, I can try the subtlety thing. LOL

All my opinion of the world, of course. YMMV.