Product not installing properly.

I've installed the following pose collection...  i13 Epic Archery Collection.  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23622/start

DIM shows it installed properly but in Studio, all of the product preview icons show as 'broken' (picture frame with an exclamation point).  When attempting to load a pose, the error log shows the following.

Begin asset load (merge): /Props/Weapons/i13/Epic Archery Collection/i1350Ea Bow and Arrow Set.duf
2022-01-23 08:39:54.777     /Users/Chris/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_23622/props/weapons/i13/epic archery collection/i1350ea bow and arrow set.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
2022-01-23 08:39:54.777 Error loading asset: /Users/Chris/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_23622/props/weapons/i13/epic archery collection/i1350ea bow and arrow set.duf
2022-01-23 08:39:54.777     Operation failed

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Those are referring to DAZ Connect installs, which are known to suffer from decryption problems but being there, they are still blocking the working installations made by DIM/DAZ Central/manual installation.

The fix, uninstall the products with DAZ Connect (smart content) inside DS and stop logging in to DS.

• cmskcmsk Posts: 42

PerttiA said:

Those are referring to DAZ Connect installs, which are known to suffer from decryption problems but being there, they are still blocking the working installations made by DIM/DAZ Central/manual installation.

The fix, uninstall the products with DAZ Connect (smart content) inside DS and stop logging in to DS.

Thank you for the reply.

Ok, I uninstalled it, but when I try to reinstall it, it says I need to log in to install it, so I'm not sure what you're last comment means.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited January 2022

Edit in the menu then Preferences>Startup tab. uncheck auto login and show login page. Are you trying to install it within DS or DIM?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you install stuff within DS, you are using DAZ Connect which uses a completely different path for it's installations => If you have installed the same stuff with DIM, you are installing it the second time and using twice the space on your storage drive.

There is no reason to ever log in to DS if you are using DIM/DAZ Central/manual installation for installing your products and it is better to set the startup options in DS Preferences as in the attachment.

What method are you using in installing your products?

StartUp.JPG
    522 x 244 - 21K

frank0314 said:

Edit in the menu then Preferences>Startup tab. uncheck auto login and show login page. Are you trying to install it within DS or DIM?

I always use DIM.

PerttiA said:

If you install stuff within DS, you are using DAZ Connect which uses a completely different path for it's installations => If you have installed the same stuff with DIM, you are installing it the second time and using twice the space on your storage drive.

There is no reason to ever log in to DS if you are using DIM/DAZ Central/manual installation for installing your products and it is better to set the startup options in DS Preferences as in the attachment.

What method are you using in installing your products?

I always use DIM.  Regardless, I've tried DIM and within DS... the product fails to load.