Environment Blend Shader not working with Geforce RTX 3060?

HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Environment Blend Shader (Falco) not working on my desktop with Geforce RTX 3060. Only have a shiny dark surface.

But it works on my laptop with RTX 2070.

Default installation on the laptop. Installed on a D: harddisk on the desktop. Everything else works so far.

Any suggestion welcome. 

Post edited by Henryhor on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

What do you mean exactly by "not working"? You can't find it in DS? You get an error when you use it? It applies without error but doesn't seem to do anything? something else?

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Thanks for asking.

When I mix two textures using the Environment Blend Shader and render on my desktop I only have a dark shiny surface whithout any of the selected textures. When I render on my laptop I have the expected result, like in the promo pics of the product. No idea why this happens. Everything else works fine.

• Are you using the same version of Daz Studio on each - Help>About Daz Studio? Which nVidia driver are you using - right-click on the Desktop>nVidia Control Panel, and click the Home button if you don't see a coloured panel with the name of your GPU and the driver version?

edited January 2022

Same version on each (DS 4.16.0.3 Pro 64 bits) and same driver (Pilote game Ready 511.23). Only difference is the grapic card. One is NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060. The other is RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design.

testresized is rendered on the RTX 2070 Computer. test3060resized is rendered on the RTX 3060 computer. Same file.

testresized.png
    303 x 353 - 164K
    test3060resized.png
    460 x 441 - 30K
  • Are the Advanced Render Settings the same on both? CPU Fallback in particular. You might want to edit the first post to add the GPU that isn't working to the title, we really need other users of the 30x0 cards to look in (I'm still on a 2080Ti)

edited January 2022

I clicked on "Default" in the render settings on both computers, but will verify if everything is the same. Will take some time, first want to finish another project. 

The problem is the "other user" also must havethe  Environment Blend Shader. I bought it when the price was low.

Same advanced render settings on both computers. The only difference I found was the CPU Load Limit: 12 on the laptop (I7), 16 on the desktop (I9). 

Made a test with the new DS version (4.20.0.2). Also a new driver: 511.79. Now Environment Blend Shader works. Don't know what made the difference.