Denoiser failing with following error code

So I use the Denoiser with a lot of my renders, and this wasn't happening in the past but now (within the past few weeks) it's been failing with no notification whenever I have 3 characters in the scene and occasionally with only 2. there's no notification either, I just notice the noise in the render afterwards and whenever I check the log file the Error below is shown at the itteration I have set for the denoiser to kick in.

I have the RTX 2060 Super, bought it brand new at microcenter and it's only 1 year old.

I don't understand why this is happening now when I've been able to do this perfectly fine in the past with the same exact specs on my PC. I've rendered 4 characters multiple times with no issue with the Denoiser but now it's acting up for some odd reason. it also doesn't seem to matter what environment I use, a simple environment or a massive environment both have the same error at the point that I add in a 3rd character to the scene, and occasionally with 2, but never with 1, All are Gen. 8 models.

2021-12-28 20:23:14.710 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [ERROR] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend error: A CUDA error occurred: out of memory
2021-12-28 20:23:14.715 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : Failed to allocate device memory. Postprocessing will fall back to CPU.
2021-12-28 20:23:14.719 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : denoiser is not available on CPU and will be disabled.

Any advice would be appreciated, and any questions you have for more clarification I'll glady answer, thank you in advance.

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

It's not always easy to tell what pushes a scene over the limit.

I once had a single figure suddenly start falling back to CPU, it turned out to be the hair. I had applied subdivision to the hair at some point and that was enough!
    It took me ages to find that particular one, just by removing individual objects one at a time.