Unable to Apply Texture Maps

Working with a G8 figure, and applied a piece of 3rd party clothing (pants). Once I deleted those pants, suddenly the textures for the figure's face, arms and legs were changed/screwed-up. Hitting undo doesn't fix this unfortunately. The main problem is that it seems to have deleted some of the texture maps for those body parts, and also I no longer have the ability to add them back in. Translucency Color and Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity had their maps deleted and there is no longer even a drop-down arrow on the left end of the slider to add them back in.

How can I fix this?

Comments

• Is this after closing Daz Studio, reopening, and loading the scene? What shader does it show for the various skin surfaces, top-left of the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane when a surface is selected.

• I have not closed the scene or DS yet. It's Iray Uber for all surfaces including the affected ones.

• To follow up, closing the scene and DS, then re-opening them does not fix the problem.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

I had this problem before with some clothing items from one of the PAs here at DAZ. I won't mention the name in case I don't remember correctly who it was. After deleting the clothes my character's limb textures were missing.

It turns out by deleting the clothing item from the Scene tab using right-click (instead of pressing delete in the viewport) the textures were reverted correctly. Please try this and see if it helps?

Thank you but it may be too late for that. I saved the scene (wasn't saved prior to adding the clothing in question), closed and re-opened.

• Okay, well I ended up fixing this the hard way. I reverted the affected surfaces to a 3DL shader, then loaded Iray Uber, copied materials from an unaffected body surface and then manually replaced the maps with the correct ones.

• Hi, this is the first time that I'm participating in the forum, but I've been using DAZ3D and reading you for some time now.

English is not my native language, so please excuse any mistakes.

My problem today is that I recently updated to v 4.20 and now I can't apply textures even to simple primitives, which used to be a totally straightforward procedure. For instance, I'm applying a simple measurement pattern (PNG file, 2000x2000 px) to a simple primitive (a cube), and I see this in my viewport as I used to (see attachment cubo1.jpg, please).

But when I try to render it, the result using 3Delight is what you can see in attachment cubo2.png. If I use Iray, cubo3.png is the result.

I'm not finding any way to apply a texture to a surface as I used to do normally.

Huh... any help, please? smiley