Chungdan Bambino Boots and Jeans only comes with one boot?

That's what I'm finding. The Boots duf and Outfit duf only load the Left boot, not both.

Has anyone else found this missing boot thing happening, or not found it? I did try redownloading but the problem remained.

The misnamed Runtime/Texture, instead of Runtime/Textures, folder is another problem, and not the first time I've found it in a Chungdan product. Easy enough to fix, though QC is supposed to find and fix things like that before they're offered for sale to us customers.

I have no idea how to find and fix the missing Right boot, though... anyone know?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,197

When I load it, I get two boots, one for each foot.

Are you loading them onto a character?

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thank you, felis. I'm trying to load the boots onto a stock G8F figure. It's good to know they work correctly for you.

One of those bizarro daz problems again; no idea what would cause one shoe to load but not the other. That pegs the way too-weird meter !

I'll try one more redownload, and reinstall...

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

There is one object, with separate surfaces and bones for each boot (L & R). Check the opacity in Surfaces, or visibility in the Scene tab.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Well, getting there. I did another redownload, and left the incorrect paths in place, and I did get both boots.

Next step was correcting the paths again: Runtime/Texture/Chungdan to Runtime/Textures/Chungdan, and, in Notepad++, changing the path in the dufs from Runtime/Texture to Runtime/textures... etc, for the Boots, Outfit, and Jeans dufs. All that should have affected was the texture path, but what happened was I lost the Right boot again, but only for the Boots duf. No idea why.

I was able to load the Outfit from the path-corrected duf, and this time both boots did load, so I deleted the jeans and saved the boots as a wearable preset.

Checking the Materials on the saved wearable, besides noticing the materials took a long time to load, I found that the Tire texture was backwards on the Right boot. I did the quick fix of flipping the jpg horizontally, and that fixed that problem. On rendering, though, the Right boot was much lighter than the Left, and following my intuition, I opened L.I.E, and found the Gamma for the RIght boot was set to 1, the gamma for the Left set to 0.

Went back to the duf in Notepad++, and changed all the gamma setting to zero...

If this sound tedious, it was. Using the Layered Image Editor to load simple textures doesn't make any sense to me, when reversing the jpgs gets same result in a tenth of the time. But now I do have a complete, functional Bambino Boots set.

Just for thoroughness sake, I'm attaching an image of the one foot style...

Bambino Boot.jpg
    2346 x 1341 - 219K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

LIE for the other boot? I was wondering why it was taking so long to change textures the first time. A simple Horizontal Tile of -1 would have done the trick. Copy the Left Boot surface to the right and set the horizontal tiling. No changes to bitmaps, just save the modified materials presets.

As to the "texture" folder, I have a few other occupants in there, too, who shall remain nameless to protec-, hide the guilty.

Gamma should be set to 0.0 for colour bitmaps like Base, Glossy Color, Emission Color, etc. Set Gamma to 1.0 for black & white "weight" maps, like Metallicity, Diffuse Roughness, Displacement Strength, etc.