Weird Skin Issue on Genesis 8

Doku3500Doku3500 Posts: 19

Hello,

So I have been having this issue with my Genesis 8 characters skin that causes it to have weird shadowy stains at random points in the character. It is not a problem with a specific skin as I have tried other vendors skins and still get this issue. I've attached an image to show the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try in order to fix this?

I'm using Daz Studio 4.16 64-bit. I use Windows 10 Home 64-bit. My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 and I have 16gb of Ram.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

FigureSkinProblem.jpg
2000 x 2667 - 3M
Post edited by Doku3500 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,197

That looks like mesh intersecting.

Is she far from world origin?

Try changing Instancing in render setting to Memory or speed.

• Please crop the image to show just the problem areas, or give her some clothes.

Are there any Geometry Shells applied to the figure?

• Doku3500Doku3500 Posts: 19
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Please crop the image to show just the problem areas, or give her some clothes.

Are there any Geometry Shells applied to the figure?

Yeah, I have a geometry shell applied to her breasts. It's Breastacular by Meipe, link is very link removed.

Anyway, now that I think about it the product includes "invisible" collision gloves on the arms and legs for the breast graft to collide against. That is probably what is showing up as the blotchs there. I will try and fiddle around with the transparency settings with the gloves to see if I can get rid of it.

Thank you for the help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Maybe try adding a little offset to the geoshell so it's farther away from the figure.

• felis said:

That looks like mesh intersecting.

Is she far from world origin?

Try changing Instancing in render setting to Memory or speed.

I wouldn't say she is that far from the world origin. She is pretty close to it. I'll also try changing the instancing in the render setting to Memory and see how that goes.

Thank you.

• Leana said:

Maybe try adding a little offset to the geoshell so it's farther away from the figure.

Okay, I'll try that too.

Thank you.

• Woo hoo. The issue is fixed. I set the collision gloves to not be visible anymore in display part of the parameter. And I set the instancing in the render setting to speed instead of Auto.

Thank you all so much for your help.

• Changing instancing optimisation will usually force Iray to recentre the scene if it is a precision issue (not being able to resolve the two meshes separately, as was apparently the case here). Leana's suggestion of incrasing the offset would also have worked.