Working on other project while render is paused

So I have been rendering for quite some time now and it wont be finished in the next few hours. I feel really motivated right now so I kinda would like to just pause the render and work on another project. Is it possible to do this (open another file) and still being able to resume the render afterwards?

Comments

• I'll have to say no, but what do I really know about Daz. I use my laptop to build another set out of scene subsets and put them back together on my main machine.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,132
    edited December 2021
    mzxrae said:

So I have been rendering for quite some time now and it wont be finished in the next few hours. I feel really motivated right now so I kinda would like to just pause the render and work on another project. Is it possible to do this (open another file) and still being able to resume the render afterwards?

Wouldn't recommend it. Daz uses the same set of variables to keep track of Iray's configuration in active render windows as it does Iray Liveview/render options tab in Daz Studio itself. Meaning that a change to anything related to Iray for the new scene you are working on may lead to an iteration reset of the in-progress render once you resume it. You would be much better off starting a 2nd instance of Daz Studio itself and working on your 2nd scene there while the first one still renders - assuming you have the system resources needed (multiple instances of Daz Studio will take up their own separate amounts of VRAM and the like.)

Post edited by RayDAnt on