The language in which Poser mc6 files are written

contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 248

Out of pure curiosity, I opened an .mc6 file in WordPad to take a closer look. Could someone please tell me what is the language used to write it? I've enclosed a little sample from the .mc6 file that directs Poser to the .jpg files that color 1971s's Steamboat. Thanks very much to one and all.

SteamBoatBase-mc6.jpg
712 x 628 - 89K
Post edited by contedesfees on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Looks like english to me cheeky

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Poser files use a text format specific to Poser. 

• That's not any language I've ever seen. It's most likely just some declarative language they created just for Poser.

• Thanks everyone. Have a great New Year.

• Poser files have been in that format since Poser 4 at least. It's a closed system language, unlike DSON, but not really the worse for it. Possibly a little less verbose than DSON, a little more easily human readable, but less flexible. I have seen arguments that DSON readers, being based on available JSON readers, are more robust. However, that implies inadequate programming ability on behalf of the Poser programmers - something I don't entirely buy.
  • Thanks, richardandtracy. Am I correct in assuming that vendors who make and sell materials in that format (to say nothing of mt5 files) are using Poser's materials room to generate them?

• contedesfees said:

Thanks, richardandtracy. Am I correct in assuming that vendors who make and sell materials in that format (to say nothing of mt5 files) are using Poser's materials room to generate them?

Almost certainly, they are unlikely to try building node networks by text editing rather than drag-and-drop in the Material Room - beyond, perhaps, performing texture swaps via a search-and-replace

• Thanks, Richard Haseltine. A direct answer is appreciated. And compliments of the season.