Need to inform you of a problem with your 4.16

Hi Gang:

I am a long time user of your Daz Studios and many of its products.  All of your versions have worked well except 4.16.  During the years I have also purchased hundreds of dollors of 3D products from you to use and enjoy in my personal renders.  While I am NOT a p0rofessional 3D artist I still love using it all the same.  Unfortunately ever since I recently downloaded your newest version 4.16 onto my lap top, I can NO LONGER do renders, nor do ANY of my purchased products appear in the work space when I try to merge them into the scene.  What I get instead is the following inname and tiresome message:  (bear in mind that each message is specific to the product I am trying to use or merge into a scene.  When I tried to see if I could put CJ 8 (A Gen 8 Female) I get this message 

could not open file:/people/genesis 8 female/characters/CJ 8.duf file does not exist

This conveniently happened after I downloaded 4.16.  I'm sorry but are we now supposed to purchase a yearly liecence that you guys failed to tell us about, or do I now have to REBUY all the existing products I have purchased so they WILL appear in your newest version - GOD I hope not!

I am sorry for coming across angry and fed up, but during this whole FGD Covid emergency it was YOUR software and products that kept me (and likely hundreds of other fans and supporters) sane and stable.  Your software gave us an outlet and we were able to create art we liked - now I CANNOT enjoy your product nor can I use it NOR do renders.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this problem asap so that I can go back do enjoying this prodcut and to be able to once again do 3D art.  Remember I am NOT a technician I DO not have time to spool through security or activity logs I am not an MIT graduate.  I am an amatuer 3D artist who wants to go back to using and enjoying the beautiful and wonderful "Toy" you all created that makes us kids again. PLEASE

Hoping that all you admins and tech support folks take this message seriously. Cheers and Happy Christmas and NYs

Geordie

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

You will need to submit a help ticket at the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. Tech support and Daz admins don't monitor the forums. The best you can hope for is suggestions from other customers who may have similar issues.

• This isn't a Daz Studio issue, at least not on its own. Others have seen this but a lot of us have no trouble with our content, no matter how it was installed. My suspicion is that it is a plug-in causing an issue, or possible some system level utility.

Are the files visible in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats? How do you install? If you find the icon for the Product (in the Products tab of Smart Content) or its container (the folder icon in the Content Library under the Products header) and right-click on it is one of the available options Install or is it  Uninstall?

• Hi Richard:  Okay first off yes my products are visible in my smart content.  Most of my products have Uninstall showing that that means they are there and in my inventory.  To go into my products I press explore and that will take me to my items, but in a LOT of cases I have a Triangle sign with an exclamaction sign.  I was told, that to work around this or whenever this happens one has to go into DAZ Central and install the particular item there.  Once this is done, I go back to my original item and refresh, then the content and pictures appear.  I have NEVER had this problem before with DS especially 4.15.  I was always able to do renders.  But now all I get is this message, no matter what product I want to merge into my scenes.  Do I have to now pay a membership fee to use DS or what.  This is frustrating because I am NOT a technician, I am NOT code literate and I have zero idea what to look for - where the problem is NOR how to fix it.  This is why I submitted a ticket, but I honestly doubt that DAZ will be able to fix this for me.  I am SUPER desparate to fix this problem  but I zero idea how to do this

• If the product is isntalled through Daz Studio itself then a Daz Central install will have no bearing, so I'm not sure what the "fix" is doing - perhaps it refreshes the metadata. Do you have two exclamations - one in the frame (missing thumbnail) and one at the bottom corner (missing DS file)? That woudl geenrally indicate that, while the product may be isntalled, its location (for DS installs that would be the folder that holds the /data/cloud/ folder) is not added as a Daz Connect or Daz Studio Formats content directory - check Content Directory Manager (available though Edit>Preferences>Content tab).

In any event, the content should be there - the update is not supposed to touch it - so you certainly aren't being coerced to buy anything else to use it.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,250
    edited December 2021

Tippy Toeing in here ... I don't use Daz Central ever and rarely DIM, prefer manual installation to the expected paths.

1. No you absolutely do not need to buy any membership or licensing fees in order to use Daz Studio. You do not need to rebuy your products either.

To help D/S find the content wherever it was put, might I suggest checking that the pathways are up-to-date. From the Content Pane, hamburger menu [that set of little lines], one can bring up various options to get the Content Directory Manager etc. It can even perform a search through the entire computer and/or drives. {n.b. that could take awhile, have time for a coffee ;-) }

CDM.png
    330 x 507 - 79K
    wild shot.png
    1468 x 1002 - 287K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on