Daz 4.16 Crashing on G3 textures

I upgraded to Daz 4.16 from Daz 4.15 and now I have scenes crashing on a G8 character that is using the Ivan 7 maps for G3 - I see not errors but that teture call is the last thing in the log before the crash. What would have changed to cuase this - it works fine in previous versions...

Thanks

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,872

Some tiff files are crashing some 4.16 versions. If you convert the texture files to png, and then reference the png in the surfaces, that will work OK.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited December 2021

All the texures are jpg - I have tried applying the G3 materials to a G3 character and that crashes as well so its not that its on a G8.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Post edited by bwise1701 on

Ivan 7 was updated on October 14, 2021 to change some texture files from TIFF to PNG. Have you installed that update? Not all of Ivan 7's Iray texture files are JPG. Some (e.g. Normal Maps) were TIFF and are now PNG in the latest version. A screenshot from the readme is attached, showing the explanation of the October update. If you have not installed that update, that is probably your problem. Other than that, I have no other suggestions. Ivan 7 materials load and render fine on G3M for me in 4.16.0.3 with the October 14, 2021 update installed.

Ivan 7 update.jpg
    725 x 111 - 12K
  • Ahhh - I missed that thanks. Will update. - do you know wha the general issue with tiffs is?

No, I don't don't know why some TIFFs are failing now. Maybe a change in an updated Iray version?

• Cool - well I changed the Normal map tifs to png and that solved the issue. Thanks again.

You are welcome. I'm glad you got it resolved.