Issues exporting scaled G8M model as obj to reimport with morph loader pro

Hi All,

So I am trying to export the base g8m model in order to follow along with this blender morph tutorial by WP Guru. If I export the g8m model completely unmodified (no custom scales) I can follow along just fine and get the same result as shown in the video. However what I really want to achieve, is to do this same process but with custom scales set on the body before I initially export out of dazstudio. As a test, I set the arm and legs length of the body to be 125% instead of the default 100% as shown here. After exporting the scaled body and trying to do the same kind of wavy morph in blender, I ended up with this. So bassically, it seems to be re-applying the extra scaling I did on the body, as if morph loader is still using the base g8m model with all scaling set to 100% as it's reference for applying the morph, instead of the base g8m in my view port with the custom scaling to the limbs that I added. So of course because of this, in addition to the scaling of the limbs being doubled, the rigging is now messed up with the morph applied since the bones of the base g8m and my g8m with custom scales obviously do not line up correctly. My expectation was that I would end up with something like this, which is the morph I made with the normal sized base g8m applied to my g8m model with the custom scaling applied. So I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what exactly is going on with the scaled g8m model and morphloader and why It seems to be generating the morph in relation to the base g8m model instead of my modified one in the view port? Any assistance, tips and workarounds would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. smiley Also, I used the exact same export and import settings for both morph attempts with morph loader pro. Since the problem seems to be occuring within dazstudio (supposedly at the morphloader import stage) I thought it made sense to post this here, rather than the blender section of the forum.

Comments

• Scaling is better done post-morph, but are you using the Reverse Deformations option in Morph Loader pro (with the scaling still applied to the figure)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Scaling is better done post-morph, but are you using the Reverse Deformations option in Morph Loader pro (with the scaling still applied to the figure)?

I was not using reverse deformations as I didn't really known what it did/meant, but after repeating the import process again with the scaled morph I made earlier with reverse deformations enabled in the morph loader window, it worked! Thanks Richard smiley