rebuilding on Windows 11-need help with UserData file

I've just installed all my products into Daz 4.16 with windows 11 . I then pasted my saved UserData file in hopes of recreating my categories, but it is not making any changes to the category folders at all.  Here is the directory i pasted into: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support        Also, The Userdata file was created by Daz 4.15 on an old computer with Windows 10(don't know if that is important). Anyway, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Post edited by greghornart_8fc0930be1 on

Comments

• And C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ is one of your content directories?

• Richard Haseltine said:

And C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ is one of your content directories?

Yes, it shows in the Content Directory Manager under "Poser formats" 

• I'm wondering...do my content directories need to have the EXACT same path?  Meaning, if my content folders on the old computer were in "C:/Users/Joe..." , do i need to put them in a "C:Users/Joe..." directory on the new computer?

• If it isn't set as a daz Studio Format content directory try doing that - I'm not sure that the Poser directories are scanned, though they may be (for cotnent that has only Poser-format files).

The exact name should not matter, the database and metadata are concerned only with the reltive path 9within the content directory) - otherwise product metadata wouldn't work.

• Thanks for the help