SY Merfolk Displays Weird

I use DAZ to make refs for art so, like, while I've been using the program a long time, I really don't know a lot about it's deeper use so be gentle with me, lmao.

I've got the SY Merfolf product and it loads in crazy weird with these holes in the model where I can see through to inside of the tail.

What is that? Can I fix it? It's not a total dealbreaker for how I use DAZ but I would prefer if it didn't do this.

Pic of the wonkiness

Comments

• If you render it, I don't think it will look the same way. The same kind of look happens on the Lamia tail and at first, I thought it was broken. When I rendered it though, it was perfectly fine.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

That is caused by the "opacity" map on the tail .

• mistressphoenix74 said:

If you render it, I don't think it will look the same way. The same kind of look happens on the Lamia tail and at first, I thought it was broken. When I rendered it though, it was perfectly fine.

Ah, darn. I don't typically render anything - I just either screenshor or use the "viewport" setting under the render tab when I want a transparent bg. Anything nicer makes my computer go CHUGGING and it's pointless when I'm just doing refs I plan to draw with. But good to know! Thanks so much! I may have to see if there's any render option that doesn't run my machine too hard.