Hiding shoe on G8 makes the whole foot disappear

My character needs to wear one shoe however her whole foot is missing when the shoe is hidden, i tried both hidding the shoe by clicking the "eye" as well as using the Geometry Editor by highlighting her shoe then selecting "Hide Selected Polygons" to no avail as her whole foot will still disappear when the shoe is hidden.

The shoe is (Heidi Sneakers for G8)

Comments

• Sounds like the shoes are a geograft. Open up the character and click the eyes fo the feet to turn them back on.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

meganappstate said:

Sounds like the shoes are a geograft. Open up the character and click the eyes fo the feet to turn them back on.

Does not help with these, the item that is fitted to the figure has been told to hide the underlying parts of the figure and as far as I have understood that cannot be disabled, but the hiding can be reconfigured to some hidden vertex on the figure.

• PerttiA said:

meganappstate said:

Sounds like the shoes are a geograft. Open up the character and click the eyes fo the feet to turn them back on.

Does not help with these, the item that is fitted to the figure has been told to hide the underlying parts of the figure and as far as I have understood that cannot be disabled, but the hiding can be reconfigured to some hidden vertex on the figure.

Yes, switch to the Geometry Editor tool (Tools menu), then click on a polygon on the figure that you don't mind losing. Right-click>Geometry Assignment>Set Auto-Hide faces for Attachemtn, and pick the shoes in the dialogue that opens. When you switch back to a posing tool only yhe sacrificial polgon will vanish.

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

meganappstate said:

Yes, switch to the Geometry Editor tool (Tools menu), then click on a polygon on the figure that you don't mind losing. Right-click>Geometry Assignment>Set Auto-Hide faces for Attachemtn, and pick the shoes in the dialogue that opens. When you switch back to a posing tool only yhe sacrificial polgon will vanish.

Wow, thanks Richard: you're the best :-)  I had this trouble with another product and couldn't find any solution.