Help with interpolation

So I've run into an issue that comes up pretty frequently with my animations and it has to do with interpolation. So here's the problem: let's say I have an initial pose at frame 1, move to a pose at frame 20, then to a different pose at frame 40. However, midway through I change my mind and I want to hold the pose at frame 20 until frame 25. So I copy the pose from frame 20 to frame 25. But I get a result I do not want: Rather than holding that pose for 5 frames, there is a sort of back and forth stutter, then it proceeds to frame 40. This is because when I keyframed frame 40, Daz interpolated frames 21-39 to create the transition. But when I copy the keyframes from frame 20 to frame 25, it is not readjusting that interpolation...or at least not completely. Is there any way to make Daz "forget" the frames it created and only interpolate frame 20-25 (so there is no motion there) and then 25-40? Or do I have to delete frame 40 and everything after it to get the proper motion?

Comments

• So actually I've figured out a 90% solution which is to change the interpolation between the frames where I want to hold the pose to linear. But another thing came up: even when I delete a later keyframe, the interpolated keyframes leading up to that keyframe continue to be modified, rather than just staying at the pose of the last keyframe. I seems like if I have a keyframe at frame 20, create another keyframe at 40, then delete all the keyframes at 40, the animation should freeze the figure at frame 20 as that is the last keyframe. But in fact some frames after 20 still show some motion.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Change the interpolation between them to linear.

• Theer are no hidden interpolated keys to remain after deleting the actual keys, but the default interpolation does try to draw a smooth curve through all the existing keys which can produce unwanted results in the cases you describe - as said, you need to change the properties on the interpolation or the interpolation type.