Multi-Material Zone Opacity Bug?

I know this issue has been addressed on the forum before, but I always seem to come back to it.

I have a problem when clothing has multi-material zones.  When setting the Cutout Opacity to zero to one of these zones, it makes the zone invisible, but when it finally gets rendered, sometimes it leaves a faint seam line across the character's arm or leg, or whatever it happens to cover.  This usually happens when large sections of the clothing are cutout, not just small cutouts. The only fix I've found is to hide the clothing completely, but eventually it gets annoying, not working the way it should.  Any better fixes?

Comments

• Make sure there are no glossy or refractive effects left as those can have an effect even with invisible surfaces.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

The clothing material isn't emissive or particularly shiny/glossy, so I'm not sure if that could be it.

Something to do with how invisible (cutout) geometry is rendered in certain situations, regardless of the material properties.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Have you tried hiding the surfaces using the geometry editor rather than through cutout opacity?

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2021

No I haven't, but I'm guessing it should work, as the problem is related to a geometry-over-geometry issue.  Cutout opacity geometry seems to be rendered differently than geometry that has been physically removed.

Post edited by Seven193 on