Disabling geometry switching for G8F clothes?

Hi there. I'm using some clothing props that hide parts of the figure when they are applied, for example, gloves that remove the figure's hands and arms so that they are not visible as long as the gloves are fitted to them.

I understand this is very helpful in mitigating poking, but I want to turn this features off. Is it called geometry switching? I see a hidden parameter labelled geometry switching, but the only choice is "shape". I could be wrong though.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Comments

• The clothing is set up as a GeoGraft. You can't switch that off, but you can edit which polygons get hidden. Use the Geometry Editor tool with the figure selected and the clothing item fitted to select one polygon you don't mind disappearing, then right-click>Geometry Assignment>Assign AutoHide Group for Fitted items (from memory) and in the dialogue that then opens seelct the gloves. When you switch back to a posing tool you should find that only the sacrificial polygon is hidden, the rest are now visible.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The clothing is set up as a GeoGraft. You can't switch that off, but you can edit which polygons get hidden. Use the Geometry Editor tool with the figure selected and the clothing item fitted to select one polygon you don't mind disappearing, then right-click>Geometry Assignment>Assign AutoHide Group for Fitted items (from memory) and in the dialogue that then opens seelct the gloves. When you switch back to a posing tool you should find that only the sacrificial polygon is hidden, the rest are now visible.

I've selected G8F with the items fitted in the scene, then I clicked a polygon with the geometry editor tool, but I can't find the option under geometry assignment you mentioned: "Assign AutoHide Group for Fitted Items" - I see "set auto-hide faces for attachment", if that helps? 

• That's the one - sorry, I always mis-remember it.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That's the one - sorry, I always mis-remember it.

Thank you, yeah that works, it basically makes the entire figure appear, so I have to manually go through hiding them ._. takes forever (I'm not talking about gloves in this case) 

• The whole figure will be visible while editing, yes. You don't have to select polygon-by-polygon - the right-click menu has several options for expanding the selection, loop selection and so on (most of which have keyboard shortcuts) and if you are wanting to edit, rather than almost empty, the AutoHide group you should be able to select it from the Tool Settings pane (or right-click menu) and then  use the - next to group and surface names in the Tool Settings pane or use the deselection options to deselect the bits you don't want before reassigning the bits you do to the AutoHide group.