Collisions and gravity for non-dforce items

I know all too well that at the moment DS doesn't have it (or I missed a train there) but is there any chance that we could, one day, make an item in the scene to behave like the invisible ground does? As in, for example, having every floor in a house act such that when a character is in the room and we use the CTRL+D shortcut, said character will drop to the floor of that room instead of dropping all the way to the invisible ground? The only way so far to emulate this seems to be by using scripts and creating planes that you'll render invisible. It isn't practical at all. 

Comments

• If I remember correctly there is an mcasual script to do something like that. Can I suggest you look in the freebies section. This one may be it, but I am not convinced. https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjdroptoterrain
  • Thanks Richardandtracy, it was an interesting idea but it didn't pan out. It probably has to do with the model having severl horizontal planes. At any rate, that's still going through a script, which needs to be set up everytime. I really think DS should get an improvement in that regard. Many programs out there do collisions so I really hope DS can do it someday.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,904

I have bought this but tbh I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if does exactly that, or how handy it is:

https://www.daz3d.com/face-to-face-and-virtual-origins

• Hylas that is an interesting idea. It's still not an "integrated to DS" solution and won't replace a direct collision, as it's actually a placement trick, but I see how it can be very useful.

• second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

I know all too well that at the moment DS doesn't have it (or I missed a train there) but is there any chance that we could, one day, make an item in the scene to behave like the invisible ground does? As in, for example, having every floor in a house act such that when a character is in the room and we use the CTRL+D shortcut, said character will drop to the floor of that room instead of dropping all the way to the invisible ground? The only way so far to emulate this seems to be by using scripts and creating planes that you'll render invisible. It isn't practical at all. 

Bryce has this, why can't Daz? Things stack easily Bryce.

• AgitatedRiot said:

Bryce has this, why can't Daz? Things stack easily Bryce.

My point exactly. I'm not even talking about collisions in every direction. Vertical stacking to the actual polys of any mesh yopu drop above of, that'd be really good.