G8 How to make eyes pure white?

My objective: make my characters eyes completely white, no iris, no pupil, no nothing, just the eyeball (and preferably the the eyeball material, little veins and so on). While it seemed like it should be the easiest thing in the world to do, it turned out to be a challenge, so I'd need some help. 

Whats the best way to do this? 

I've tried:

- changing the surface settings of the iris - while I was able to make it very similar in color to the eyeball itself, the geometry of the iris/pupil was still there; overall not good enough

- flipping the eye backwards 

- replacing eyeballs with sphere primitives - this is the best solution I've conjured up so far, though there must be a better way to do this, right? 

Do you guys know any better ways to achieve this result? Are there any products/morphs that do this? 

Comments

• You could make a GeoGraft to replace the eyes with spheres, but you'd also need to use an image editor to adjust the maps if you want bloodvessel and so on detail in the surfaces.

• You could try to add a sclera only texture to the eye moisture & cornea surfaces. Then use a geoshell with only the eye moisture and cornea surfaces visible and use that to re-create the eye moisture to avoid the textures looking too dry, maybe.

I know that for Bullwarg, for example, his eye texture was placed in those surfaces in order to avoid that seam between the surfaces of the sclera/pupil/iris. So I'd suggest exprimenting on that.

• Setting the refraction weight to zero on the EyeMoisuture and Cornea surfaces will give you plain white eyes (on a base G8F figure anyway, YMMV on other figures).

• edited December 2021

Thanks for the suggestions @Richard Haseltine, @FenixPhoenix and @chris-2599934

After trying out all proposed methods seems like 

chris-2599934 said:

Setting the refraction weight to zero on the EyeMoisuture and Cornea surfaces will give you plain white eyes (on a base G8F figure anyway, YMMV on other figures).

works out the best for me, it indeed gives clear white eyes with very little tinkering involved and only minimal iris seam remaining. Problem solved. :)

Post edited by brandywin_daf8edd597 on