Fresh Instal and Content Library

First and foremost: Hello, how's everybody doing?

I performed a fresh instal of my main system, with a brand new 2TB M.2 SSD and I'm in the process of restoring Daz Studio and all the database to begin working on stuff again.
Installed the new 4.16 Version without a problem, restored my old "Workspace" (using two monitors help to have most tools and stuff on the right pannel and then I went to add the contect.
I keep it all inside a folder drive:\Genesis\Content

Content Library added it without a problem, but I did notice that tons of folders showed up that are not use for the daz interface: data, readme, documents, obj, runtime, and so forth.
I'm well aware that those folders stores important files that are called when you load a prop, a figure and what else, but I am not sure tha before re-installing, the content library did show those folders in the first place.

So far I simply hid the folders using explorer and they disappear from the list, having a more compact and funcional division of stuff: Animals - Architecture, Camera Presets, etc etc.

Question: Am I having a brain fart and seeing things or was like this before and I just remembering things differently? Or there is something to filter out folders that do not contain actual .duf files that Daz can read and use?

Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

Yes those folders have always been there and some more important than others. To my knowledge there is no way to filter them out, but I'm not 100% positive.

• frank0314 said:

Yes those folders have always been there and some more important than others. To my knowledge there is no way to filter them out, but I'm not 100% positive.

Thanks.

I just wanted to be sure I wasn't seeing things or remembering otherwise.
    Luckly by simply hiding the folders in windows, they do not show in the list.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If looking within DS at Content Library->DAZ Studio Formats->[Your Library], you should not see "Data" or "Runtime" folders amongst the "People", "Presets, "Props", etc. Even though they are there when looking with the Windows Explorer

• PerttiA said:

If looking within DS at Content Library->DAZ Studio Formats->[Your Library], you should not see "Data" or "Runtime" folders amongst the "People", "Presets, "Props", etc. Even though they are there when looking with the Windows Explorer

I'll triple check to be sure :)