Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

​Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• That looks like a corrective morph aplying when it shouldn't. First, check that all your characters - especially those with thicker or thinner waists - are up to date as it's possible the issue has been found and fixed.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

• If you applly just the minimum pose needed to trigger the issue, then run http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start (either download the script using the link above the code and drag it into the Viewport, in which case its output will be in Hel>Troubleshooting>View Log File, or copy and paste teh code into Window>Panes(Tabs)>ScriptIDE, in which case its output will appear at the bottom of the pane) then you will get a list of all the daz products currently active in the scene - that should include the rogue morph/adjustment.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

I just noticed you have a dial "default-shape" at 100%, that shouldn't be there if loading the Genesis 8 Female Dev Load
    Couldn't find, which product it belongs to, but it's not part of the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials anyways.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

When you look at the "Properties" of "MCM3duStylized2021Female_pJCMAbdomenFwd_35" what do you see under "Controllers"?

• Yes, please open a ticket - though given the popularity of the Toon Generations product I think something else is causing a conflcit to trigger what you see.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

Ok, that tells that the regular "pJCMAbdomenFwd_35" correction morph is controlling the "MCM3duStylized2021Female_pJCMAbdomenFwd_35"

Didn't give any additional clues.

An idea to try...

Load the G8F Dev Load into an empty scene and Zero the figure, (Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure), bend the lower abdomen and check the "Currently Used" - Which dials will show up?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,872
    edited December 2021

This is what G8F Dev Load looks like for me with Voluptuous at 100% and lower abdomen bone bend at 35. My list of morphs controlled by the abdomen bend does not contain the one you are having problems with. There is more than one Toon Generations product for G8F. They have similar and confusing names. What is the SKU of the one you suspect of being bad? I can check whether I have it installed.

There have been morph dependency errors in 3DU products. One that I believe was corrected was that if you zeroed the figure, the toon infant got dialed in.

Edit: I found that "Stylized" product in the store, and I don't own that, so that is why I don't have the morph.

G8F Voluptuous Abdomen Bend.jpg
    1823 x 1447 - 337K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

cridgit said:

PerttiA said:

An idea to try...

Load the G8F Dev Load into an empty scene and Zero the figure, (Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure), bend the lower abdomen and check the "Currently Used" - Which dials will show up?

Apologies if it wasn't clear from the images above but that is exactly what I've been doing. Zero figure/shape, show hidden properties and filter to currently used, then dial in the bone rotation. The way I understand it is that anything affecting the mesh at that point HAS to be listed, unless there is some way for a morph to be applied without showing in the currently used tab?

I believe you know that you have to have Show Hidden Parameters selected in the Parameters pane preferences, otherwise you wouldn't have seen that MCM listed in the first place,

edited May 2022

​Redacted

cridgit said:

barbult said:

cridgit said:

Zero figure/shape, show hidden properties and ...

I believe you know that you have to have Show Hidden Parameters selected in the Parameters pane preferences, otherwise you wouldn't have seen that MCM listed in the first place,

Yes it's right there in front of you :-)

Thank you for posting that screenshot above, Barbult. I've uninstalled 3D Universe' Stylized 21 Character and Hair for G8F and voila! problem solved. I'll file a ticket with DAZ on this. Maybe DAZ or 3DU will give me a coupon for the 6+ hours I spent testing and debugging the bloody product I paid $18 for >:-(

Sometimes I don't read well! blush

Good luck on that coupon! laugh (where's that flying pig emoji when you need it?) You can fix those morph dependency things yourself by adding the stage 2 multiply to the morph, if you can figure out what the MCM SHOULD be tied to.3DU stuff is usually very complicated. But of course you shouldn't have to fix those things yourself. Be sure to return it for a refund, and tell them why, if you don't get a timely fix.