Colony Hair for G3F on a G8F - not morphing

hi all, in my collection i have Colony Hair for G3F:

https://www.daz3d.com/colony-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

many of the G3 hair sets i've applied to my G8Fs work without too much trouble, but this one is a little weird - all the morphs are listed but they are all ineffective, i move the sliders, nothing happens.

i realise i am using this 'outside of recommended manufacturer specifications' and am not expecting a fix, but i am curious as to why it happens with this hair set only.

related, the hair does not have a 'behind shoulder' morph so i'm probably going to have to export it out to max and make a custom behind-shoulder version of it (it *does* have a 'blow back' morph - not the same thing) - any advice from anyone who's done similar things before?

i figure i'll need to separate out the front locks and then... soft select and move? bend? i'm not sure which approach to try yet, both have a good chance of mangling the hair in ways i don't want.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

did you autofit it? Autofit tends to destroy special morphs. try the scene ident edit method or parent it instead

sceneident.jpg
    846 x 378 - 69K
  • clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 129
    edited December 2021

i used the same 'shoulder length hair' template i usually use, but out of many many G2F and G3F hair set i own, this is the only one i've encountered this issue with

as stated before, it looks like i'm going to have to stick it into 3ds max to get it in the shape i want, but i'm curious as to why this hair alone has ineffective morphs in G8 when all the other G2/G3 sets i have work completely, or mostly so

Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,489
    They aren't morphs, those are erc pose sliders for the custom bones of the articulate rig mentioned. Autofit deletes custom bones. You'll need to cancel autofit, do the scene id swap suggested above, before fitting to g8.
  • ok, i'll try that. thanks!