Genesis 8 Female error?

Hi all, I just discovered Daz3D about a week ago, so please be gentle...haha
I have read and tried all I can to fix this with NO luck.
This is the first addon I have tried.

When I try to load up anything from GenesisFemale8 I get a "Missing Files" error.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf

Has anyone had this happen by any chance?
Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

How did you install Genesis 8 female?

• How did you install the content?

• AbovUAbovU Posts: 0

Thank you both for the fast replies!
    I downloaded through the install manager.
    I also tried to drag the files over manually after seeing a video on that way.

Obviously I failed at both.
    I am baffled.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Open your Content Library, and under the Daz Studio Format header, there should be a folder called Daz3D, My Daz3D Library, or something like that. Right-click it and choose "Browse to Folder Location". That folder is where Daz looks for the assets you're missing. There should be a "data" folder, which is the start of the filepath in your error message. Can you verify if the files exist there?

edited December 2021

margrave said:

Open your Content Library, and under the Daz Studio Format header, there should be a folder called Daz3D, My Daz3D Library, or something like that. Right-click it and choose "Browse to Folder Location". That folder is where Daz looks for the assets you're missing. There should be a "data" folder, which is the start of the filepath in your error message. Can you verify if the files exist there?

I followed the path you told me to. It seems something is definitey wrong.
    I went...\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female.
    After that it stops following the missing path info sucession.
    The next file folders after Female is "Elianeck/Baboo.

I hope I am explaining it ok.
    Thank you so much for the help!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Go to your DIM, click the gear icon, and look at the file path your products are being installed to. That needs to match the directory that Daz Studio looks for asset in. You can either change the path in Daz Studio or in DIM (and then re-install the assets), but they need to be pointing to the same folder.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Judging from your comments it looks like have a character for G8F (Baboo) but not G8F herself in your content directory.

Did you install the Genesis 8 starter essentials?

Good morning. Appreciate the help!

I have tried to download Genesis 8 Starter Essentials over and over. Keep getting errors.
    I have tried to download what Daz Install Manager tells me I need to download to work properly. Keep getting errors.
     I came across Daz last week and was hoping to find a nice relaxing hobby to try and be creative on what little down time I have.
    I understand theres always a learning curve, but it has been nothing but stress.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, used different zip extractor services etc....
    I'm trying to remain optimistic and have a bunch of add ons on my wishlist I was wanting to purchase, but after buying my first one and all this happeneing it has been tough staying positive.
    Thank you all for your help. I'm hoping this can somehow get resoved. Much appreciated.
    Maybe the screeshots can shed some light on something?

Screenshot (1).png
    1366 x 768 - 247K
    Screenshot (2).png
    1366 x 768 - 256K
    Screenshot (3).png
    1366 x 768 - 53K
  • Well, the Install manager download is irrelevant as you have also installed through Daz Studio itself - otherwise there would be a triangle in a broken circle icon at top-right of the product thumbnail in the second screen shot. The broken files and the error message almost certainly indicate that the files have not decrypted properly (if you go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File after trying to load I think it will cmplain that it expected { or [ - the usaul opening character of the data in a .duf or .dsf file). It looks as if the zip is also failing in some way - try opening it by double-clicking, or use an archive tool such as 7Zip to check it for errors). I don't know why you would be having both issues, corrupt or bad zips in particular are rare, but it might be worth trying to download the zip directly from your product library page under your account and seeing if that will open - if so you can try moving it to the Install manager downloads folder and see if it will install without error; if it does find the product in the Content Library pane under Products>G, right-click on its container (the folder) and select Unisntall (that will remove the broken Connect install, leaving the working Install Manager files). If the manual download also fails I think you will need to open a support ticket.

edited December 2021

AbovU said:

I have tried to download Genesis 8 Starter Essentials over and over. Keep getting errors.
    I have tried to download what Daz Install Manager tells me I need to download to work properly. Keep getting errors.
     I came across Daz last week and was hoping to find a nice relaxing hobby to try and be creative on what little down time I have.
    I understand theres always a learning curve, but it has been nothing but stress.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, used different zip extractor services etc....
    I'm trying to remain optimistic and have a bunch of add ons on my wishlist I was wanting to purchase, but after buying my first one and all this happeneing it has been tough staying positive.
    Thank you all for your help. I'm hoping this can somehow get resoved. Much appreciated.

Uninstall everything except Daz Install Manager. Use that to re-install everything, including Daz Studio itself. It should automatically sort the program and the asset files correctly, to the content folder specified in DIM's options menu. Ignore Daz Connect and Daz Central; mixing install methods usually leads to errors like this.

Post edited by margrave on
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Well, the Install manager download is irrelevant as you have also installed through Daz Studio itself - otherwise there would be a triangle in a broken circle icon at top-right of the product thumbnail in the second screen shot. The broken files and the error message almost certainly indicate that the files have not decrypted properly (if you go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File after trying to load I think it will cmplain that it expected { or [ - the usaul opening character of the data in a .duf or .dsf file). It looks as if the zip is also failing in some way - try opening it by double-clicking, or use an archive tool such as 7Zip to check it for errors). I don't know why you would be having both issues, corrupt or bad zips in particular are rare, but it might be worth trying to download the zip directly from your product library page under your account and seeing if that will open - if so you can try moving it to the Install manager downloads folder and see if it will install without error; if it does find the product in the Content Library pane under Products>G, right-click on its container (the folder) and select Unisntall (that will remove the broken Connect install, leaving the working Install Manager files). If the manual download also fails I think you will need to open a support ticket.

I read your comment about 15 times to try and understand it...haha
    I did try what I could understand and wasn't able to have any luck.
    Thank you for the help though.

edited December 2021

margrave said:

AbovU said:

Uninstall everything except Daz Install Manager. Use that to re-install everything, including Daz Studio itself. It should automatically sort the program and the asset files correctly, to the content folder specified in DIM's options menu. Ignore Daz Connect and Daz Central; mixing install methods usually leads to errors like this.

I tried and uninstalled what you said.
    Now I cannot even download Daz again.
    I've just about had enough.
    I really, really, REALLY wanted to use Daz and have fun.
    This isn't my idea of fun. This is a lost cause.

I just want to thank everyone for the willingness to help and take the time to try and help me.
    You seem like a very nice community. I wish this could have worked out.
    Take care.

Screenshot (5).png
    1366 x 768 - 42K
    Screenshot (6).png
    1366 x 768 - 35K
  • Something is clearly interfering with your ability to download files - it could be an account issue, it could be on the route from your machine to Daz (your ISP, for example) or it could be soemthing on your machine (some kind of utility or security software, or possibly even malware). Unfortunately we can't rally diagnose the issue from what we know. Have you tried a direct download from the product page in https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files ?