Kaeko issue

So i got the Kaeko for Genesis 8 but i seem to run into this random issue which makes it impossible to even use her at all, the issue keeps saying unable to locate file which is something about a V7 Eyemap which confuses me because shes supposed to be compatible with Genesis 8 so can someone please help me fix this I want to use Kaeko so much :( here is a picture of the issue just in case 

unable to locate file.png
1141 x 539 - 210K

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

This has nothing to do with compatibility. The PA put all the textures in the Genesis 3 folder, but the program can't find them. What do you see when you navigate to that folder?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

It appears to be an orphaned reference. It is a translucency color map used for various eye surfaces when used with Victoria 7. It is set up in the image_library and animations sections of the preset for Kaeko, but the translucency weight is set to zero, so it has no effect.

The presets must be modified to remove the errors, which will require a help ticket to get done officially. You can work around it by re-saving the presets by removing the file reference from the Translucency Color channel. Set the Translucency Weight to non-zero to expose the Translucency Color channel, then set the image to "None". Reset the Weight to zero. Kaeko has that reference on the Iris, Pupil and Sclera surfaces (Victoria 7 also has it on the Cornea, but not Kaeko).

Could get tedious as you must re-save all the material presets that have eye surfaces included, that is the Kaeko Full, and all of the eye color presets, as well as the character preset. You could edit the files directly if you know what to do.

• well thanks though im sorry for these questions im still new around this and slowly learning 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

No problem. That was a sneaky one. Any users who have Victoria 7 (and I'm sure there are many) would never see the error, nor notice anything different. You never know when something might trip you up.