Unable to render. Renderer already in use

Got this problem back again!

Trouble is, I can't remember how I fixed it last time!

I've not knowingly done anything to induce this error, but can't find anything relevant to fix it.

Even if I put just a prop like a cup in the scene, and try to render it, I still get the same error.

Really need some help here, please.

Cheers

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited December 2021

Try a restart of your computer.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • I've done all the usual things.

Restart Daz. Reboot machine.

Odd thing, nothing appears in the Logs. I know it didn't do anything but normally you get something to coincide with the Presented Error Message?

• System Specs: CPU? GPU? Ram?

Could be a simple fix. Like, uninstall the GPU in the device manager make sure you check the box uninstall drivers and such. Restart the machine let windows install the default driver, then reinstall the GPU driver of you choice for your device.

Device.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 476K
  • Further to last comment.

I emptied the Logs and I tried again.

This is all that was there:

LOG 1.JPG
    970 x 184 - 46K
  • I'll give that a try!!!

• Very Luckily I found a Friend with some information who has sorted it all out!!

Having shown him the Logs, he was able to tell me the trouble was in the 3Delight area.

He was sooo right!

I was poking around the "Plugins" section of Daz, and for what seemed like an obvious choice, I never use it, I switched OFF the 3Delight Plugin.

I did not realise that Iray needed it to function!!!

Who'd a thought??

So I switched it back on, and there you go!!

All is working!!!

Hope this might help anyone else who is a Muppett like me!!

• ggs_26de60e5b2 said:

Very Luckily I found a Friend with some information who has sorted it all out!!

Having shown him the Logs, he was able to tell me the trouble was in the 3Delight area.

He was sooo right!

I was poking around the "Plugins" section of Daz, and for what seemed like an obvious choice, I never use it, I switched OFF the 3Delight Plugin.

I did not realise that Iray needed it to function!!!

Who'd a thought??

So I switched it back on, and there you go!!

All is working!!!

Hope this might help anyone else who is a Muppett like me!!

This might be worth reporting to Daz, I don't think Iray itself directly requires 3delight though it is possible that DS uses a ervice it provides in scene preparation - but it's also possible that there is some hard-coded assumption that should not, ideally, be there so flagging it for checking may be a service.

• Why would it come up renderer is already in use error? Usually, a restart would take care of that, it would release the rendering engine. You turn off 3Delight and you get an error renderer is in use very odd duck this DAZStudio. When he posted the log I had no clue about the set RBG out of range was. I know the base color has changed a lot when I was in school. RBG was the standard to make all colors. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

At a guess, the function checking if the renderer is in use gets an error which is not handled appropriately.