Purchased Characters not Working

Hi all, I'm sure this is a simple fix, as I am a daz noob, but I'm stumped. I've recently purchased a couple daz characters from render hub, and they both had great ratings with no issues mentioned in the reviews. But I can't get them to work.

I extracted them into my daz library, and when I open daz I can see them in there. There's the option to apply a head, a body, or the whole figure. I have a genesis 8 female figure in the scene, I select it, and i double click on the option I want.

There's a brief loading bar, and then nothing happens. 

The content is in my library and I can see it in daz just like any other content, but nothing happens when I double click it! 

I've read that you should extract the folders to the runtime folder in daz library, and a tried that too, but when I use this method the content doesn't appear anywhere in daz. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this frustrated newbie :( 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Most likely you have an extra folder in the way - the Data, Runtime, and any other folders at the same level of the zip have to be merged with the matching folders in your content directory - My Library or My Daz 3D Library or whatever you are using. if you can see the Data and Runtime folders in the Content Library under Daz Studio formats>content directory name>some folder then they are definitely misplaced.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Instructions for manual installation

InstallContent.JPG
    793 x 1120 - 226K
  • I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but for characters I buy from other sources, I first open the Genesis8 Essentials (female or male aspplicable) figure, then I apply the new character to that.