will completely uninstalling Daz from your system remove content you installed on it?

I'd rather not uninstall it at all but I really need to start making some space on my system and not to mention I have hundreds of products installed over the years on Daz so get tired of spending ages finding things in the list. It appears looking around online that the general consensus with uninstalling content for Daz is a drawn out process for each file where you have to find this and that and delete this then that blah blah blah all just for one product. Bear in mind I am talking about stuff that did not come with an 'uninstall' option so I feel to uninstall then reinstall Daz would really be the answer here.

So will doing this remove the current products on it so I can start afresh?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,889

No, content is completely separate from the program itself.

• DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459

Gordig said:

*sigh* :( so there's no real way to delete any of it properly. Unless it came with an uninstaller.

• If you installed your content with DIM you can use that to uninstall it.

zombietaggerung said:

If you installed your content with DIM you can use that to uninstall it.

Yeh i'm aware I just meant stuff that was manually installed. Wow I can't believe this whole thing is such an issue for people you'd think the process would be easy.

• Drekkan said:

zombietaggerung said:

Yeh i'm aware I just meant stuff that was manually installed. Wow I can't believe this whole thing is such an issue for people you'd think the process would be easy.

Yeah that is one drawback of manually installing. But if one maintains your content on a large external, it's not really an issue. At least not for me. I have mine on a 2TB external and have changed computers twice with no issues.

zombietaggerung said:

Drekkan said:

zombietaggerung said:

Yeah that is one drawback of manually installing. But if one maintains your content on a large external, it's not really an issue. At least not for me. I have mine on a 2TB external and have changed computers twice with no issues.

Will have to consider the external. Thx anyway.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

No, content is separate from the program.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited November 2021

Drekkan said:

Gordig said:

*sigh* :( so there's no real way to delete any of it properly. Unless it came with an uninstaller.

For content installed with DIM, DazCentral or Connect you can uninstall it. For content installed manually, just delete the files. Reset the content database to remove smart content entries.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I gave an answer on how to completely remove Daz and all its content. Seeing how DIM seems only to uninstall what it puts in, Still better than when they made an uninstaller for everything. That was a nightmare, but you could uninstall one product at a time. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

I was never happier than when they came out with DIM. You can install or uninstall everything at once and it takes a very small fraction of the time than it would manually. I could have 10 products installed or uninstalled before a person doing it manually did one. You are always going to know and be able to get updates when made available where it's impossible unless you happen to see someone say something in the forums about a product being updated.