Extra category library

I have an issue where I now have an extra category library other than the default - see image below:

As you can see I randomly picked picked an item in the smart content library - in this case Jolie hair and right clicked and chose categorize. Instead of just seeing the standard default library I also see an extra library that starts with materials. This looks like the materials structure used by OOT hair items. I seem to remember an issue I had with the OOT hair asset Mega Updo 2 where in the definition file the materials werwe set as materials\iray etc instead of default\materials\iray which created the extra folder.

That was quickly fixed and I had not had any issues sonce until I went to categorize something that showed up in lost and found only to see the extra folder again.

I am just wondering how can I find the asset that is casuing this, or, if the asset has been removed but the folder remains how do I get rid of it. I have uninstalled all of my OOT hair assets via DIM (they are installed via DIM - even other site assets) and issue remains. It is not causing me any issues that I knowof just annoying to see ti each time I categorize and item.

Any help appreciated.

David

Comments

• That looks like "Vendor data" - from the store set up - in which case you can't actually delete it except by deleting the product - which you should be able to find by going to that category in the Content Library. You can hide it so it won't show in the Smart Content pane, at least - that should eb in the right-click menu.

• Yep - I agree Richard.

Basically in the .dsx file of the asset instead of having  <Category VALUE="/Default/Materials/Iray/Hair/Etc."/> they have <Category VALUE="/Materials/Iray/Hair/Etc."/>

Sadly I am clueless as to which asset it is. I will see if I can hunt around in the content library but still concerns me it made it passed QC. 

Also I found in the content library if you uninstall an asset if you go into db editor on a product and edit a caregory all the categories are there - including from assets you have uninstalled. I would have thought they should be removed as part of the dim unistall to prevent bloating of the db. Anyhow thanks for the ideas and I will report back what I find.

David

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Just go to the Content Library, which will have the same wayward category under, well, Categories, and pick an asset in one of the folders. It should be easy to trace from there using the Additional Info pane, which will show you the Product Name and ID, among other things.

• Thanks folks - found the folders under category which were empty - no assets under there. So it was as suspected. I had uninstalled the offending asset whihc made the categories but they wre not removed. Right clicked and deleted them - problem solved.

Nice to just see good old default listed.

David