Help simple save

edited December 1969 in New Users

Howdy,

I can't for the life of me figure-out how to save something I'm working on.

For example, I launch Daz 4, create a Victoria, pose her, and then I go to save my work. Daz creates a file and a png in my Documents folder on my Mac. When I open the file, Victoria is gone. I've also tried "Saving As" scene and that didn't work either.

I'm sure it's something simple but it's driving me nuts. How do I save?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Saving as a Scene file should work, you can then load it seperately, or Merge it with another Scene.

Have you looked in the Scene tab to see if V4 is there when you reload the Scene? What version of DS4 are you using, and are you saving as a .DUF file?

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply.

Tried Save as scene again. Veronica is not in the scene tab. I'm saving as a .daz file. How do I save as a .duf? I'm running version 4.0.3.19.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am using version 4.5.0.90, also known as Release Candidate 3 which has the new DUF file format for Scenes

I tried this again using 4.0.3.36, and saved as a .DAZ file, and it worked OK for me. There may be a problem with the Data folder, but I have no idea where that would be stored on a Mac.

Maybe a Mac user could help with this problem, I have no way of trying to replicate it. If you can hang on for a little longer we may get some help in here.

• edited December 1969

Solved it. Victoria appears if I open the file from "OPEN" in the menu drop-down list. She won't load if I open the file from the Finder.

Not cool but it works.