DIM needs more useful Download Filters

jasonkjasonk Posts: 42
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

It would be nice to have more useful filters? Why can't we filter figures from clothing from hair from animals from tutorials from plug-ins from props from scenery from textures from lights from morphs from poses from Genesis-only from V4-only?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't see why myself?

If I buy something, I want to download and install it, otherwise, what is the point? The filter is for the different software that can be used, as there is no point in downloading Carrara only versions of content if you don't own Carrara, or Poser only versions if you don't own Poser.

Once you have you items installed, you can filter them if you like using the search functions, User Categories etc. I would hate to have filters for certain products, I want to download and install everything that I buy, without having to change filters every time I use DIM.

• jasonkjasonk Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Have you never purchased anything on sale, in the thought that you think you'll need it in the future? To save disk space, I may not download it right away.

>"I want to download and install everything that I buy, without having to change filters every time I use DIM."

Why would you ever have to change filters? If you don't want them, don't turn them on. They're not going to automatically assume you only want to see hair, and show you nothing until you turn that off. You turn on filters if you want them. You don't turn them on if you don't.

If you decide you want to turn them on, then you turn them off when you're done.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can already hide items that you don't want to see, by right clicking and selecting 'Hide Packages' You can see them again by using the Display Hidden checkbox, does that not help you to do what you want?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I think it would be useful if some of the information in the metadata and the store data was included in the information DIM's filter box (not the Download Filters, but the filter box that currently can filter by SKU's, dates, etc.) has access to, such as compatible figures, default categories, etc. I would suggest submitting a support ticket to technical support, with "Feature Request" in the title.