Help with Kerchief required

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,252

Okay ... it's about time I learned how to do this.

Please, step-by-step how to make the long kerchief not stick to the chest when the head is turned.

Thank you in advance.

I'll be back in a few hours.

14 headpieces.png
1000 x 1000 - 677K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,197

I would dForce it.

And if you don't want that, you could weight map it to the head, but then it would clip through the torso if head gets turned too much.

• felis said:

I would dForce it.

And if you don't want that, you could weight map it to the head, but then it would clip through the torso if head gets turned too much.

Thank you for replying. Clipping through the torso, well it can do that as a prop and that's less rigging work so guess I'll stick with that.

I did not make this mesh, it's one of those MD meshes which may look nice "but" ... really not dForce ready - it blew up into scattered pieces all over the place :-)

So I shall continue dissecting it in Hexagon, and make a couple of props with it. End result should be a scarf that can then be used with dForce. Seems to me there's a vid somewhere on how to desensitize part of an object so it doesn't simulate.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,197

Try to look at the mesh.

If it is too dense, i.e. many verteces closer than 5 mm it will explode, you can try to reduce collision distance.

It could also be a knot on the back that is causing problem, and in that case add a dForce weight map and remove weigth from the trouble areas.

• felis said:

Try to look at the mesh.

If it is too dense, i.e. many verteces closer than 5 mm it will explode, you can try to reduce collision distance.

It could also be a knot on the back that is causing problem, and in that case add a dForce weight map and remove weigth from the trouble areas.

First off, the glasses and scarf were "together" - so they've been separated.

I suspect the um, 4 layers of mesh for the scarf could be causing some problems too ;-) The scarf folded over could constitute 2 layers but for dForce I don't think that's a good idea ... so I've hacked the poor thing to pieces. Going with 1 layer of scarf mesh ... working on the 'knot' atm.