Genesis 8 UV Swap: Male and Female Base

Hello. Does anyone know how to use Genesis 8 UV Swap: Male and Female Base (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base)? Apparently, it says that you just apply a character's texture to a character from another genre, but nothing happens. Thanks.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,889
    edited November 2021

What do you mean "nothing happens"? If you mean you don't SEE anything happening, that's the point. Without this product, applying a male skin to a female figure or vice versa would leave unsightly gaps in the texture because the UV maps are different; with it, you can apply a (base UV) texture from one gender figure onto the other, and it will automatically apply the correct UV. If you don't see those gaps when applying materials to the opposite gender figure, then the product is working correctly. 

If you mean something different, please be more specific. 

Post edited by Gordig on
  • All it does is change the UV set, that is all it is suppose to be doing.

• I understand how it works. I should use the top script to apply a female texture to a male character and the bottom script to apply a male texture to a female character. Then, in each case, I apply the texture I want to use. Thank you very much for answering my question. You helped me to better analyze the product and better understand how it works.

product.png
    661 x 614 - 162K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,889

You shouldn't need to use either script in order for it to work. Once you have it, just apply the material preset to your figure and the UV will be applied automatically.