What size should Poser thumbnails be?

3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I've read that 91 x 91 pixels is standard, as in Daz Studio. In fact, that's the size Poser 9 saves thumbnails when you add something to your Library. I've even read that anything over 91 pixels wide can cause compatibility problems.

However, some thumbnails for Poser content are 91 pixels wide by 125 pixels high. I've even seen some thumbnails at 123 x 123 or 125 x 125. And to be honest, those thumbnails look a lot better when the item is selected. The 91 x 91 thumbs look fuzzy.

So, is there still a reason to stick to 91 x 91, or should I go 125 x 125? Or something else entirely? Anyone have any useful input on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2015

I beleive that the size doesn't matter in Poser 8 and higher because it uses either Adobe Flash or Adobe Air to display the Library. For grins I just used a 1175x730 png as a thumbnail in PP2014 and it worked fine.

However, you might ask this at Renderosity or RDNA to get a more definitive answer.....

Post edited by WandW on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    I beleive that the size doesn't matter in Poser 8 and higher because it uses either Adobe Flash or Adobe Air to display the Library. For grins I just used a 1175x730 png as a thumbnail in PP2014 and it worked fine.

However, you might ask this at Renderosity or RDNA to get a more definitive answer.....

Thanks. But maybe I should have asked the question I really wanted to ask: not, what CAN I use, but really, What looks best?

91 x 91 looks a litte fuzzy when the item is selected and the thumbnail expands. To my eyes, 125 x 125 looks really good.