Content Gatherer not working correctly, alternative?

So I've been using the Content Gatherer script from Dimension3D for collecting the files from my custom characters I create for the community, as I haven't been able to find any alternatives. This tools does NOT work well at all. Its UI is cluttered and has many buttons that do absolutely nothing. When creating a file list from your selected files, It often doesn't filter out anything at all, giving you a file list with every single product in your Daz library, instead of the few selected products your model requires. This tool is basically garbage, and I haven't found a proper alternative. 

Does anyone know of a functional alternative to this outdated and poorly designed tool? And no, manually finding each file is NOT a workable alternative, there are associated files that I would not be able to find, because I wouldn't know that they were actually part of my release without some tool analyzing the dependent files. Doing it manually also creates a massive headache, because I'd have to recreate the entire file structure for each different file and folder in my release, which leaves a lot of room for making mistakes. As anyone who sells products or shares work with people knows, customers are NOT ok with having broken products. There's a lot of liability there, and a huge issue with the seller's reputation being ruined by a simple mistake. 

Comments

• Please don't post the same thing in multiple threads. Also please be clear on what you are doing - the solution for custom assets is to make sure you save to an otherwise empty content directory; the solution for third party assets is not to try to do that as you have no right to distribute their ffiles.

• I'm not trying to distribute their files, but I do sometimes use files created by merchant resources, such as skin creator. 

• In that case, I would suggest adding a new Daz Studio format content directory for each project. If you put your textures in there, save your presets to that folder, and save any custom assets (such as morphs) there by setting the content directory to use at the top of the options dialogue then everything you can distribute should be grouped, and separate from other files. You can use http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start as the basis for a catalogue of 9as it is written) Daz store products used in the scene. Pop a read me/license file in the content directory, add the list of items needed, and zip it all up ready for delivery.