Weird Mouth/Tooth Spike (Gen 8)

Okay, this one has me stumped (see pictures, attached). For some reason, the polygons at the front of the inner mouth (just behind the teeth) will sometimes explode downwards, forming a gigantic fang. 

I can only assume that it's being caused by something- perhaps a morph or a pose gone wrong? I've tried loading a stock G8F figure and adding morphs, poses, etc. to see if I can replicate the effect, but so far I haven't been able to do it, and it seems tedious to go through every possible morph and pose if there is another cause (or a well-known glitch?)

Has anyone experienced The Fang? If so, what caused it?

Tooth Spike.JPG
630 x 695 - 82K
Tooth Spike 2.JPG
630 x 688 - 69K

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

You don't need to go through every morph. You just need to look for the morphs that are not at 0%. Often you can find them easily just by hitting "Currently Used", but if it's been Memorized (the numbers are gray) then you'll have to eyeball it. Make sure you have hidden parameters shown too.

• As Margrave wrote :

Parameters > Select your Genesis 8 > Currently Used

But also just in case :

Parameters > Options (small lines top right of any active pane) > Preferences > Show Hidden Properties

This could be caused by a hidden JCM from one of the morphs being used. Meaning you could try identifying the faulty morph, and if sliding its value changes also a hidden JCM, then you could try unlocking the JCM and changing its value manually to see if you can still use your morph but without causing the issue.

• Thank you both for the awesome advice! 

I think I found the culprit (at least, the culprit for this particular model): a legs morph that, for whatever reason, leaves a single polygon in the roof of the mouth unaffected. Leg length goes up, figure gets taller, roof of the mouth polygon stays at its original coordinates, deforming all of the other polygons that connect to it. The Fang.

I never would have guess it was a leg morph affecting the mouth! Thanks again for saving me a ton of time and trouble!

Mouth1.JPG
    705 x 258 - 34K
    Mouth2.JPG
    608 x 140 - 22K
    Mouth3.JPG
    520 x 361 - 36K
  • If this is a Daz morph pack please report the issue, after making sure you haven't missed an update of course.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Old issue with SickleYields free morphs, the ShareCG download got updated to fix this issue, she couldn't get the Deviant Art download to update.