Missing Files, over & over again: Genesis 8 Starter Essentials

Often when re-opening scene files I get a message that there are missing files. Those files are always Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. I re-install the product as directed, and re-save the scene. But days later I'll re-open it and get the same message. This happens with multiple files. What's happening and how do I fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File.

Post the relevant parts.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited November 2021

margrave said:

Post the relevant parts.

Sorry but I don't understand your reply. Are you saying I left out relevant info (if so: what info?), or included unnecessary, irrelevant info?

Oops, missed the top line. Response below.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • margrave said:

Post the relevant parts.

I'll have to try that next time it happens. Not sure I could find it now.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

margrave said:

Post the relevant parts.

I'll have to try that next time it happens. Not sure I could find it now.

If we don't know what the errors you're getting say, then we can't really help you fix them. We need details from your log file or the exact wording of the error messages.

• If you're not doing anything else, you've probably got a drive getting ready to fail.

I'd recommend running check disk, or another disk utility to make sure it's not that.

• DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

If you're not doing anything else, you've probably got a drive getting ready to fail.

I'd recommend running check disk, or another disk utility to make sure it's not that.

Good thought, but the drive is fine.

• mikethe3dguy said:

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

If you're not doing anything else, you've probably got a drive getting ready to fail.

Good thought, but the drive is fine.

If the disk doesn't fail diagnostics, then you've either got malware, an o.s. bug,  or a much much bigger problem.

Are the "missing" files on the disk or are they actually missing?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Disk problems and malware would be at the end of my list for things to check.

Missing files are all about the way they have been installed, how did you install them and did you also install them inside DS?