Unable to get rid of solid blocks in previewi or moving

Hi there!

I am new to DAZ and still trying to figure out the many tools included. I installed the program last spring. My problem is that it has recently changed its behavior as for moving, orienting and previewing objects or figures (everything, put shortly) in Viewport and Animate 2. Originally, I could preview in different modes in the viewport. I was able to move the figures while keeping them visible for adjustments and fine tunings. Now, the Viewport switches automatically to the Solid Bounding Box from any mode as soon as I move the cube, then resume to the said mode, thus creating a hit and miss context. Also, I can preview Aniblocks from the Content and Library panes, but, once inserted in the Animate timeline, the preview switches to Solid Blocks again. That's new to me. I tried to reset this, looked almost everywhere I could think of to find the settings that I may have altered inadvertly. I also uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ without success. Maybe there is a profile default or backup file that's been left behind at the uninstlall step, I have no idea. My current guess is that there is a switch or preference/option somewhere, that I can't find. or point out.

Any expereiences to share?

+

Comments

• In the Tool Settings pane make sure the Manipulation Drawstyle iss et to Current (Off) rather than the solid bounding box option.

• THANKS! problem solved. I am pretty sure I never saw this page, nor interacted with it in any ways! Is there a kind of (accidental) shortcut that I should know?

• It used to be in Draw Settings, but was moved soem time ago. I don't think there is a default keyboard shortcut to trigger it.